Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats are a sweet no bake treat for summer BBQs, parties, sleepovers and for peanut butter and chocolate lovers everywhere.
Hey-Hey! I’m back!! Trish here, and I have a sweet treat to share with you today.
I created this recipe with my baby sister in mind. My sister LOVES Rice Krispie Treats. She also LOVES Peanut Butter Cups. I put the two together (along with some chips) and Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats were the outcome.
I should probably be embarrassed at just how easy it is to create these treats. But, to know me is to know that I am a fan of all things simple.
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
- Prepared 9×13 Pan of Rice Krispie Treats
- 2 1/4 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips (approximately 1 1/2 packages, 11.5 oz size bag)
- 1 1/4 Cups Peanut Butter Chips (10 oz size bag)
- 2 Packages Mini Peanut Butter Cups (8 oz size bag), Chilled
1. Place the Mini Peanut Butter Cups in the freezer while you create the Rice Krispie layer.
2. Follow your recipe (or the recipe on the bag of marshmallows) to make a pan of Rice Krispies Treats. It is best to add parchment paper to your pan before pressing the Rice Krispies mix into the pan. Pulling the entire sheet of treats out after they set makes the next few steps even easier.
3. Add the Peanut Butter Chips into a microwave safe bowl then heat them in the microwave on high for one minute. Stir Peanut Butter Chips until all of the chips have melted.
Pour the melted Peanut Butter Chips over the layer of Rice Krispie treats then use a spatula to spread an even layer across the Rice Krispie layer.
4. Gently press the chilled Peanut Butter Cups into the layer of melted chips. Place the sheet of treats in the freezer for five minutes.
5. Melt the Milk Chocolate Chips in a microwave safe bowl on high for one minute. Stir them until all of the Chocolate Chips have melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the layer of Peanut Butter Cups. Use a spatula to create an even layer.
6. Refrigerate Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats for 30 minutes. Cut the treats into squares, share and enjoy!
A few more of mine and my sister’s favorite summer ‘no-bake’ treats include…
Cheers to Summer and a no bake cool kitchen!
Trish is a passionate volunteer, tea addict, and football fanatic as well as the creator and dreamer behind her self-titled lifestyle blog, By Trish Sutton. As a believer, a wife, a boy-mom and a big sister, she’s wholeheartedly devoted and loyal to those she loves. She started her blog in 2014 with the hope it would inspire others to do the same. When Trish isn’t writing, crafting and creating for her blog or taking care of her family, you’ll typically find her working as a human resources contractor or spending time with her two sons making messes in the playroom or debating penalties and plays on ESPN.