This sweet and chewy treat requires only four ingredients, less than 15 minutes prep time and 30 minutes to set! Oreo cookie fans will love this simple Oreo Rice Krispies Treats Recipe.
Hey there Kenarry Readers! Trish here with a delightful creation that could be considered along the lines of Muddy Buddies, Puppy Chow or Chex Mix. With spring in the air this sweet treat shall be called Easter Bunny Chow! This white powdered sugar covered snack mixed with pastel colors just looks like Spring.
You will notice that the recipe below calls for dividing the marshmallows prior to melting them. There are a few reasons why I add whole mini marshmallows to the dry cereal and cookie mixture.
- FLAVOR: The added bites of sweet marshmallow flavor compliment the Oreos very well.
- TEXTURE: Along with the extra sweet bites I like the added texture in the chewy squares.
- MARBLE: Silly but true, I just like the look of the added white in the Oreo Rice Krispies Treats!
How To Make Oreo Rice Krispies Treats
You can always scroll right down to the printable recipe card. First, I have some tips and ideas that I think are really helpful.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- 9×9 Inch Square Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Large Sauce Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Sharp Kitchen Knife
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
Simple Tips for Oreo Rice Krispies Treats:
- Spray a flat spatula with cooking spray then use it to press the Oreo Rice Krispies mixture into the square baking pan.
- Another idea for pressing the prepared mixture into the pan is to spray a Ziploc bag with cooking spray then slip it over your hand then use your hand to flatten the top of the sticky treat.
- Spray cooking spray on your sharp kitchen knife before cutting your Oreo Rice Krispies Treats into squares.
Additional Oreo Rice Krispies Treats Mix-In Ideas:
- Substitute regular chocolate OREOs for Golden OREOs or another favorite cookie. Keep in mind, the dryer the cookie the more you may need to adapt the number of crushed cookies to keep the sticky marshmallow ratio balanced.
- Skip the cookies all together and add in a cup to a cup and a half of your second favorite cereal. My little guy would immediately vote Lucky Charms!
- Make this no bake treat even chocolatier by substituting regular Rice Krispies Cereal for Cocoa Krispies Cereal.
- If you would prefer to pass on chocolate, replace the chocolate sandwich cookies with Golden Oreos and make them fruity Rice Krispies Treats by using Fruity Pebbles Cereal instead of Rice Krispies!
Oreo Rice Krispies Treats
- 5 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 16 OREOs crushed
- 9 Cups Mini Marshmallows divided
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- Add a sheet of parchment paper to the square pan then set it aside.
- Mix Rice Krispies, crushed OREOs and one cup of Mini Marshmallows in a large mixing bowl then set it aside.
- Heat the remaining 8 cups of Mini Marshmallows and 5 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large saucepan; stir these two ingredients together until the marshmallows and butter have melted completely and the liquid begins to soft boil.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal and cookie mixture then gently fold with a spatula until well combined.
- Spread the Oreo Rice Krispie mixture into the prepared 9×9 pan then press gently to flatten the the top of the treats.
- Cool approximately 30 minutes or until set then cut into squares and enjoy!
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this Oreo Rice Krispies Treat Recipe then you’ll love these simple chocolate snack recipes too:
You may also enjoy these Rice Krispies recipe ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –