A warm pan of pepperoni pizza sliders is the simple answer for a family meal on weeknights, a snack for game day or an easy appetizer for parties.
Do you need a quick family meal idea for practice night, soccer Saturday or Sunday funday? A warm pan of Pepperoni Pizza Sliders is the simple answer for busy weeknights and fun-packed weekends.
Hey Kenarry Readers! Trish here with another simple family recipe. If you are anything like me meal planning for practice nights requires a quick and easy dinner. Of course, I like simple on the other weeknights and weekends too! One of my favorite easy answers for every day is Pepperoni Pizza Sliders.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
There is something about the size of a slider that just seems to work for all ages. I prefer using the frozen rolls that need time to rise before baking them for my sliders however most supermarkets carry some form of pre-made slider rolls that work perfectly. Be sure to plan ahead if your preference requires rise time then grab your favorite pizza toppings and bake up a warm pan of Pepperoni Pizza Sliders.
Pepperoni pizza sliders
Here’s how to make a pan of scrumptious sliders for your family. The entire recipe is in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. But here’s a quick overview so you know what to expect.
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Slider Rolls or Dinner Rolls
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Black olives
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
Pepperoni Sliders – How-to Pictures
Sometimes it just helps to see the recipe in action. Here are my step-by-step pictures so you can make sure you understand all the instructions.
1. Put pizza sauce on the buns
2. Add the mozzarella cheese
3. Layer with pepperoni
Now it’s starting to look like pizza!
4. Add more cheese
This is the fun part. Add as much cheese as you want!
5. Top with your favorite pizza toppings
6. Brush melted butter and seasoning on top
That’s it! Now you are ready to bake them and serve!
How to Freeze The Pepperoni Sliders
You can make these ahead of time and keep them in the freezer. Then, you just have to take them out the night before and heat them up in the oven. Easy dinner or lunch ready in minutes!
To freeze them, just do one of these options:
- Wrap them up individually. Put each slider in an individual plastic wrap or bag and then put all of the sliders in one bag together.
- Freeze them on a sheet pan. Put the sheet pan in the freezer. Then, after they are frozen completely, put them in a zippered plastic bag together.
Don’t forget to write the name of the recipe on the bag and the date you froze them. They will last about 3 months in the freezer.
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees then prepare a 9×13 baking pan by spraying a light coat of cooking spray onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Slice rolls in half then place rolls in a single layer in the prepared pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce to the inside of each roll. Sprinkle a layer of shredded mozzarella on the sauce. Next, add pepperoni slices and top them with a second layer of shredded mozzarella.
- Add olives and any additional pizza toppings inside each roll then place the tops of the rolls back onto the sliders.
- Melt butter in microwave safe dish or mug. Add parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder to the melted butter then whisk until well combined. Brush the melted butter and seasons over the tops of the Pepperoni Pizza Sliders.
- Cover baking pan with aluminum foil then bake for 8 minutes. Remove the foil then continue baking for an additional 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden. Serve warm.
More Tasty Recipe Ideas
Whether you plan to enjoy these Pepperoni Pizza Sliders as a family meal or serve as party appetizer they will quickly disappear.
If you are in need of additional party appetizer ideas I highly recommend the Jalapeño Popper Hash Brown Casserole Recipe I shared on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® last month. And for even more mouthwatering ideas visit my blog site, click on the recipes tab at the top of the page or simply search “appetizer”. And you’re sure to enjoy more Easy Dinner Recipes!
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
Until next time…
Cheers ~ Trish
While you’re here, be sure to check out these other great recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Fruit Pizza: Mom’s Top Secret Dessert Recipe and Tips
- Pizza Breakfast Casserole: An Easy Make-Ahead Recipe
- Personal Patriotic Pepperoni Pizza for An All-American Lunch
- Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls: Air Fryer Recipe
Originally published October 2017. Updated October 2019.