This spicy Sriracha Chex mix is the perfect appetizer or snack recipe for your next holiday get-together!
Hi there, Kenarry readers! It’s Robin here from A Home To Grow Old In. Can you believe that we are just weeks away from Christmas? One of our favorite things to do when we get together with family over the holidays is to play card or board games or put together puzzles. And, a big bowl of Chex mix is a critical part of our festivities. One of my favorite recipes really kicks it up a notch with just the right amount of heat. This spicy Sriracha Chex mix is an absolute favorite!
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
We hosted Thanksgiving this year, and I was procrastinating a bit in getting ready so I decided to whip up a batch of regular Chex mix. Then, I think I still wasn’t quite ready to get to work preparing for our guests so I decided to play around with the recipe a bit and make another batch. I can eat a spicy version of pretty much anything, so it was a given that I would add a little kick to a traditional recipe.
Spicy Sriracha Chex Mix Recipe
This new recipe combines two of my favorite flavors…Sriracha and Cajun seasoning! The Cajun seasoning replaces some of the traditional seasoned salt that you typically find in Chex mix recipes (Tony Chachere’s is my favorite). Likewise, the Sriracha sauce replaces most of the Worcestershire sauce. The flavors blend beautifully, and it gives the recipe just the right amount of heat.
I had both the traditional style recipe and this spicy Sriracha Chex mix out for our guests over Thanksgiving, and the spicy version was the first to go. It’s so hard to stop munching on it! Give it a try this holiday season, and you won’t be disapointed.
Spicy Sriracha Chex Mix
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups bite-sized pretzels
- 2 cups garlic or regular flavor bagel chips broken into pieces
- 2 sticks butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F/120 degrees C
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts, pretzels, and bagel chips.
- Mix the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha, seasoned salt, Cajun seasoning, garlic and onion powders, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Pour the butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well until it is evenly coated.
- Spread the cereal mixture onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool on parchment paper on countertop for 30 minutes before eating.
More Spicy Recipes
Do you love spicy recipes as much as I do? Check out a few more of my favorites below!
Robin is a home decor and DIY blogger at A Home To Grow Old In that lives in Western Massachusetts with her husband and 2 young boys. She moved into a 90 year old Tudor-style home in 2015 after spending the last several years in Bangkok, Thailand. While there, she had an opportunity to attend culinary school and enjoys sharing many of her favorite recipes on her blog. Robin’s days are spent enjoying time with her boys that are growing up too fast or making over rooms in her home by refinishing furniture she already owns or repurposing things that she finds.