This scrumptious snack is a toasty cinnamon recipe must for fall! Of course, this Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack tastes amazing in the winter, spring and summer too.
Hey there Kenarry readers! Trish here with a recipe that is sure to be a sweet tooth satisfier. Especially if said sweet tooth enjoys a cinnamon crunch while satisfying that sugary craving. In addition to those two amazing details, this recipe only requires five ingredients to make, and from start to finish, it can be ready to enjoy in less than an hour!
Not only does the scent of cinnamon belong to the season of fall, to me there is just something about cinnamon and sugar together that feels like a warm blanket. The comfort I feel when those two ingredients join likely comes from my memories of breakfast with my Grandma which often included cinnamon and sugar sprinkled over warm buttery toast. This tasty recipe includes three ingredients from my long missed mornings – butter, cinnamon, and sugar.
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack
You can always scroll right down to the printable recipe card. First, I have some ideas and photos that I think are really helpful.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Supplies Needed:
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Large Cookie Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- Cooking Spray
- Airtight container
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
Mix-In Ideas to add to Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack:
- Peanuts: Add 1 cup of to the mix before you spread the coated cereal on the baking sheet then bake the peanuts with the Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack as directed in recipe card below.
- Almonds: I personally LOVE the cinnamon roasted almonds at Costco. If you plan to add roasted almonds to your scrumptious snack do so after the cereal mix comes out of the oven. However, if you are using raw almonds or almond slices follow the same steps above for peanuts and mix the almonds with the cereal before placing it in the oven.
- Pretzels: A salty addition to your sugary sweet cinnamon treat is sure to be a hit! You could mix the pretzels in before or after the Chex Snack meets the oven.
- White Chocolate Chips or Vanilla Chips: If you decide to add chocolate to your snack mix, I highly recommend you allow the cereal to cool completely before adding in any mix-in that might melt otherwise.
- All of the above! Consider making your own signature sugary cinnamon salty and sweet snack mix by including nuts, pretzels and candy chips.
Additional Serving Ideas for Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack:
- Enjoy Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack on the go by packaging it in mini snack size bags for an easy grab and go treat.
- Pack this tasty mix in school lunchboxes as a sweet side that is sure to make kids smile at lunchtime.
- Turn this mix into an after school snack and add pair it with a glass a milk for those calcium loving kids.
- Make it dessert and crush the sweet coated cereal squares on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
- Turn movie night popcorn into a blockbuster snack of Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack mixed WITH warm fresh buttery popcorn. Mmm….
Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack Recipe
- Pour the Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl then set it aside.
- Mix together the white sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set it aside, as well.
- Place stick of butter in a medium microwave safe bowl and melt the butter in the microwave; approximately 30-45 second on high heat.
- Mix ½ cup of brown sugar into the melted butter then return the bowl to the microwave and heat for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the brown sugar and butter mixture over the cereal and use a spatula to mix the ingredients together until all of the cereal pieces are well coated.
- Pour the cereal onto the prepared cookie sheet then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the cereal, use a spatula to flip the cereal on the pan and continue to sprinkle and gently stir until all of the cereal has been covered in cinnamon & sugar.
- Place the pan of your Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack in the oven and bake for 45 minutes at 275* degrees.
- Remove the pan from the oven and enjoy warm or allow the snack too cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this simple and scrumptious Cinnamon Sugar Chex Snack then you’ll enjoy these recipes made with Chex cereal too.
You may also enjoy these Chex cereal ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –