This Spiked White Hot Cocoa recipe is perfect for the holidays! White chocolate flavored with some Rum Chata will be a huge hit at your hot chocolate bar!
Hi everyone! I’m Jill from Craft Create Cook and I’m bringing you a super easy but delicious Spiked White Hot Cocoa that is sure to put a little joy in your holiday season!
Hot cocoa is always a holiday classic and this spiked version is sure to be a huge hit with the adults. If you have kids around, simply omit the Rum Chata!
How to Make Spiked White Hot Cocoa
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen or Craft/DIY Tools Needed:
Supplies or Ingredients Needed
Here’s what I put in my hot chocolate. It’s basically white chocolate with Rum Chata, and it is amazing.
White hot chocolate garnishes
Here’s how I made it – the entire recipe is in the printable card at the bottom of the post.
1. Combine and heat the ingredients
Add the Ghirardelli White Chocolate chips, milk and vanilla to the saucepan. and start to heat them up.
2. Pour into a mug and add rum chata
After you make the homemade white hot chocolate, spike it with Rum Chata. This is the best way to spike it and make it an adult drink.
‘Tis the season for reflecting back on the year and celebrating the holidays with friends and family. This Spiked White Hot Cocoa is so easy and the perfect addition to any holiday get together!
How to make spiked white cocoa in a slow cooker
If you’re making it for a crowd, utilize your slow cooker. Simply add the milk, white chocolate and vanilla to the slow cooker and heat on low, stirring occasionally. The slow cooker will also keep the hot cocoa warm during your get together.
Set up a hot chocolate bar
If you want to allow guests and friends to create their own cocoa creations set up a hot chocolate bar with lots of other things for them to add to their
Spiked White Hot Cocoa
- 4 C. Milk
- 1 C. White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 4 oz. Rum Chata
- Add the milk, white chocolate chips and vanilla extract to a medium saucepan.
- Heat on low/medium heat, whisking occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the hot cocoa has heated through.
- Once the hot cocoa mixture is heated through, pour into mugs and add 1 oz of Rum Chata (more or less to taste) and enjoy!
You may also enjoy these Holiday ideas on Kenarry:
- Hot Cocoa Recipe with FREE Labels
- Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies Holiday Recipe
- Homemade Christmas Ornaments: Cross and Star
Updated November 2019.