Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods are a sweet and salty treat covered in sprinkles that doubles as a homemade gift.
Hey Kenarry Readers! Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! And Happy New Year! Trish here again from By Trish Sutton and with Christmas just ten days away I brought along a super simple sweet and salty treat.
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods are a great addition to holiday parties and they also make a perfect gift to share with teachers, friends and neighbors.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kenarry: Ideas for the Home will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods Holiday Gift
You will just need a few items to create these fun treats!
- 1 Bag Pretzel Rods
- 1 1/2 Cups of White Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Cups of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Wax Paper or Parchment Paper
1. Begin by prepping a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
2. Pour 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish (or Pyrex measuring cup), melt chips on high for 45 seconds. Remove the container of melted chocolate from the microwave then mix well. If all of the chips are not melted heat for an additional 15-30 seconds.
3. Dip one pretzel rod at a time into the melted chocolate. Spin or swirl the rod to cover all sides, then top with sprinkles before placing the Chocolate Pretzel Rod on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Follow steps two and three to create the other flavor of chocolate covered pretzel rods before placing the pan of festive sweet and salty treats in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Now, let’s create a gift out of these pretty pretzels!
- Gently place Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods into the glass jar.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon or raffia around the lid of the jar then create a bow. Beautiful!
I leave you with another sweet treat that can be made into a gift along with a handmade ornament that looks just as fabulous hanging on the Christmas tree as it does adorning the top of a wrapped gift. And by the way, if you are still in search of the perfect gift I highly recommend the gifts listed in my gift guides for him and for her ~ TrishSutton.com.
See you in the new year. Cheers! ~ Trish
Trish is a passionate volunteer, tea addict, and football fanatic as well as the creator and dreamer behind her self-titled lifestyle blog, By Trish Sutton. As a believer, a wife, a boy-mom and a big sister, she’s wholeheartedly devoted and loyal to those she loves. She started her blog in 2014 with the hope it would inspire others to do the same. When Trish isn’t writing, crafting and creating for her blog or taking care of her family, you’ll typically find her working as a human resources contractor or spending time with her two sons making messes in the playroom or debating penalties and plays on ESPN.