Present your Valentine with “52 Reasons Why I Love You” with this adorable handmade gift: made with a deck of playing cards and some markers.
Welcome back, crafty friends! We hope you’re ready for your next DIY adventure – because I’m ready to show you my latest project! I’m Lisa, and you may know me as one of Kenarry’s creative team members. I am also a party blogger: sugaragenda.com. When I’m not throwing a big bash, I love getting creative with homemade DIY projects!
Normally on Valentine’s Day, my husband and I go all out with gifts, restaurant outings, etc. This year, we wanted to start keeping it on the down low and save our money for decorating our home, putting it towards vacation, etc. So I decided to go the homemade route for one of his Valentine presents.
How to Make a “52 reasons why i love you” gift for valentine’s day
This Valentine’s Day gift is great because it’s budget-friendly and can totally be personalized. Your Valentine will love reading through 52 reasons why you love them. It’s such a simple gift but has the biggest gesture!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Craft/DIY Tools Needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
“52 Reasons Why I Love you” valentine’s day gift Tips:
How many cards does a deck contain?
Traditionally, a deck of cards should contain 54 cards: 52 are the playing cards and 2 are jokers. However, some decks will come with more, because some brands like to add additional cards with more information like the brand’s history, some fun facts, etc.
How Many Cards Do I need for this Valentine Gift dIY?
This “52 Reasons Why I Love You” DIY will require a total of 53 cards: the easiest way to do this is to set aside one joker card and any additional cards that may have been added in (please see note above). You will want a total of 53 cards because one card should be your “title card” that says, “52 Reasons Why I Love You.” The remaining cards will feature your reasons.
Add the label on the back of the card
I highly recommend adding your mailing label on the back of the card (the opposite side of where the suit/numbers are) so that you can still use the deck for playing card games!
Make Holes in batches
When using your hole punch to punch holes, work in batches – this way you get a clean, neat hole every time.
Playing cards are actually very thick cardstock, so punch holes in batches will make your job much easier. I punched in two cards at a time. I used one card as the “template” to make sure that the holes were in the same spot for every card.
have fun with colors and decorating
I opted for pink, red and purple markers but you can have fun and choose whatever colors you like! Feel free to also add stickers, glitter, etc. to embellish your “52 Reasons Why I Love You” gift.
some ideas for your “reasons”
We know how much you love your partner, but coming up with 52 reasons on the spot can get difficult sometimes! Here are a few ideas for your Valentine DIY:
- Compliment your partner’s talents (Are they great at cooking? Are they handy in the home?)
- Look back to the beginning of your relationship and list out some of the reasons why you first fell in love with them
- Compliment some of their physical attributes (you love their smile, their sense of fashion, etc.)
- Compliment your favorite personality traits of theirs (Are they particularly compassionate? Make great parents? Patient?)
- Include some inside jokes
52 Reasons Why I Love You Valentine’s Day Gift Idea
- Deck of playing cards
- 53 mailing labels
- Hole puncher
- Keychain ring
- Count of your deck of playing cards and set aside 53 cards. These are the cards you will be using for your DIY.
- Add mailing labels to the back of each card (ie.: NOT where the suits/numbers are, but on the other side). Be sure the mailing label is nice and centered. You will want to make sure to place the mailing label in a way that they fit nicely on the card and don’t stick out on the sides. Our mailing labels fit best if placed vertically rather than horizontally.
- On the first card, write down “52 Reasons Why I Love You.” On the following cards, write one reason on each.
- Using your hole puncher, punch a hole on the top left-hand corner of each card. Work in batches.
- Add the cards to your keychain ring. Give to your Valentine!
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed “52 Reasons Why I Love You” craft, then you’ll enjoy these Valentine’s Day ideas too.
You may also enjoy these Valentine ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –