Have you ever walked into a chocolate shop around Valentine’s Day and noticed the Chocolate Covered Strawberries? There’s something about this fruit covered in chocolate that people love. But you can skip the order forms and the lines for them this year and make your own.
Hi everyone! It’s Erica from Messy Momma Crafts bringing you a sweet treat for Valentine’s Day. If my husband asked me if I’d like the world’s best box of chocolates or homemade chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine’s Day, I’d choose the strawberries in a second. The great thing is, is they’re not only good on Valentine’s Day, these desserts always a good idea.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
How to Make Chocolate covered strawberries
Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my favorite sweets. I love fruit, especially when it’s coated in milk chocolate.
What you need:
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Chocolate covered strawberry Tips:
Can i use a different kind of chocolate?
Absolutely. I like to use light cocoa candy melts because they have that milk chocolate flavor and are easy to use but you can use any kind of chocolate you’d like. Some suggestions are white chocolate, milk chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate.
How can i get my chocolate to melt perfectly?
Grab a microwave safe bowl, fill it 3/4 way full with chocolate chips or melts and microwave your chocolate on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Parchment Paper
- Paper Towel
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Decorating bag
- 12 Strawberries Washed and Patted Dry
- 2 Cups Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- 4 tbsp Sprinkles
- Wash your strawberries in cold water and pat them dry with a piece of paper towel.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat your candy melts on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper.
- Dip each of the strawberries, one at a time into the melted chocolate, and set on the parchment paper to harden.
- Fill a decorating bag with 1/4 cup of the melted chocolate, cut a small tip off the end, and drizzle the melted chocolate over each strawberry.
- Quickly top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still soft.
- Let set for 5-10 minutes, and enjoy!
If you enjoyed these Chocolate Covered Strawberries, you might also enjoy these sweets too:
You may also enjoy these fruity snacks by Kenarry® –