Are you looking to make something sweet that the whole family will enjoy? These Chex Marshmallow cereal bars are an easy no-bake option, perfect for the Christmas season.
Hi everyone! It’s Erica from Messy Momma Crafts bringing you a sticky and sweet treat for Christmas. One of my favorite sweets are Rice Krispie Treats. These Chex Marshmallow Bars are a nice change-up but taste very similar. You can add M&Ms or Chocolate Chips on top for a chocolatey crunch.
How to Make Chex marshmallow Cereal Bars:
Seriously, these are so easy to make. You’ll be happy to find out these marshmallow bars taste fantastic too.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Chex marshmallow bar Tips:
mix while the marshmallows are hot
When you pull your marshmallow mixture out of the microwave, give it a quick stir making sure the butter is fully melted and mixed into the marshmallows and quickly mix in the Chex cereal. This makes it easier to stir, if you wait too long the marshmallows start to harden and it can be a workout to stir.
wait to add the sprinkles and m&Ms
Although you might want to mix in the M&Ms and Sprinkles into the marshmallows and Chex, wait till you press the mixture into the pan. With the melted marshmallows being so hot it will slightly melt the colors off of your sprinkles and M&Ms, mixing it into the bars.
Let The Marshmallow cereal bars Set For 15 Minutes
It doesn’t take long for it to firm up and be ready to eat. Let it sit out at room temperature. Do not put them in the refrigerator or freezer or they will be too hard to eat.
Marshmallow Cereal Bars Recipe
Here is the complete recipe in the printable recipe card. Please don’t forget to pin this post so you can find it later. Everyone is going to love it!
Chex Marshmallow Bars
- 7 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 10 Ounces Miniature Marshmallows
- 3 TBSP Softened Butter
- 1/4 Cup Christmas M&Ms
- 1 TSP Green and White Nonpareil Sprinkles
- Grease the 9 x 9" baking pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, add the marshmallows and 3 tablespoons of butter and heat in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffy.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix the marshmallows and butter.
- Slowly mix in the Chex cereal 2-3 cups at a time until coated in marshmallows.
- Scoop the Chex Marshmallow mixture into the greased baking pan and lightly press down til fill the pan.
- Sprinkle the M&M's and sprinkles on top and let set for 15 minutes.
- Cut into about 8 bars and enjoy.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed these Chex Marshmallow Bars then you’ll enjoy these yummy treats too.
You may also enjoy these Christmas ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –