This Valentine’s Day Snack Mix is a delicious way to add a touch of sweetness to someone’s day! This salty and sweet snack mix is made with crispy cereal, crunchy pretzels, chocolatey candies, and salty peanuts all drizzled with melted chocolate and dusted with pink, red, and white sprinkles!
Hello Kenarry readers, it’s Alaina from Bullock’s Buzz, and I’m back after a wonderful holiday season with another delicious recipe to share. I’ve mentioned before how much I enjoy making tasty treats for holidays, and one of my all-time favorite holidays is right around the corner… Valentine’s Day!
This irresistible Valentine’s Day Snack Mix is destined to be love at first bite. It’s the perfect blend of salty and sweet and is incredibly easy to make. In fact, it’s so easy, that even the kids can get in on the fun!
How to Make valentine’s day snack mix
This sweet-n-salty Valentine’s snack mix is a simple treat that’s fun, festive, colorful, and delicious! It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish, and there is no baking involved! All you need are a few common ingredients and a way to melt some chocolate.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
You’ll find a recipe card at the end of this post with the exact quantities for each ingredient and the instructions to make this Valentine’s Day party mix. First, though, here are some tips on making, serving and storing this tasty treat.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- baking sheet
- Silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- large mixing bowl
- candy melting pot or double boiler or microwave-safe bowl
Supplies or Ingredients Needed:
- already-popped popcorn
- Chex rice cereal
- Roasted Peanuts
- White candy melts
- Pink candy melts
- Valentine’s M&MS
- Valentine’s Heart Sprinkles
- Valentine’s X and O Sprinkles (found in store at Walmart)
Making this colorful snack mix is as easy as mixing the cereal, popcorn, pretzels, and peanuts in a large bowl, then drizzling melted candy/chocolate over it.
You then stir it until everything is coated with the candy, spread it out on a prepared baking sheet, and then sprinkle on the remaining goodies. It can be ready to go in 10 to 15 minutes!
tips for making, serving and storing the Valentine’s Day Snack Mix
Here are some handy tips and tricks on making, serving and storing this Valentine’s Day Snack Mix.
other ways to make the Valentine’s Day Snack Mix
This simple snack mix recipe can be easily altered to fit your tastes. For example, if you really love pretzels, add some more by using both pretzel sticks and pretzel twists!
Or, if someone in your family is allergic to peanuts, skip the peanuts.
If you want it to be more chocolatey, add more chocolate. There’s really no right or wrong way to make this party mix! Get creative and use what you think will look good!
snack mix for any holiday!
This fun and easy recipe can easily be adjusted for pretty much any holiday. Simply switch up the colors, and you’ll have an easy to make, cute and delicious snack mix perfect for parties, gifts, and special snacks.
ways to serve Valentine’s Day Snack Mix
There are so many delicious ways to share the love and add a touch of sweetness to someone’s day! Here are some ideas:
- This Valentine’s Day snack mix would make a great classroom treat. Simply bag some up, add a cute tag, and have your kids pass it out at their classroom Valentine’s Day party.
- Let the people in your life know just how you feel about them. Portion the snack mix out into little bags, snack boxes, or even tiny pails to hand out to your favorite people, then add a cute Valentine message.
cute sayings to add to this treat
Make your Valentine’s Day gift even more meaningful and fun by adding a cute saying. Here are a few of my favorites:
- You’re a Treat Valentine!
- A Treat for My Sweet!
- You’re Just The Right Mix, Valentine!
- I’d be all “mixed” up without someone like you!
how long can i store Valentine’s Day Snack Mix
Valentine’s Day Snack Mix can easily be stored, if you have any leftover that is. 🙂
This snack mix will remain fresh in an airtight container on the counter for about 3-4 days. If you decide to make it without popcorn, it will stay fresh a bit longer.
Valentine’s Day Snack Mix
- 3 cups popcorn already popped
- 3 cups pretzels
- 3 cups Chex Mix Rice Cereal
- 1½ cups Dry Roasted Peanuts
- ¼ cup Candy melts white
- ¼ cup Candy melts pink
- 1 cup Valentine's M&MS
- Valentine's sprinkles I used heart sprinkles and X and O's sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the Chex Mix cereal, pretzels, popcorn, and peanuts mixing to combine. Do not overfill the bowl as you need room to be able to toss all of the ingredients together.
- Melt the white candy melts (or white chocolate), stirring until completely melted and smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the ingredients in the bowl, stirring until all ingredients are lightly coated.
- Once coated, pour the snack mix out onto a prepared baking sheet in a single layer, then quickly add the M&Ms and some of the sprinkles before the melted candy sets,
- Melt the pink candy melts, and then drizzle over the snack mix. Quickly add the remaining sprinkles before the candy sets.
- Allow the snack mix to cool for about 30 minutes. Once the candy melts have set, break apart and serve. If storing the snack mix, do so in an airtight container or bag.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this Valentine’s Day snack mix, then you’ll love these other delicious Valentine’s Day treats, too!
You may also enjoy these easy Valentine’s Day ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –