Use mini Christmas Trees to make a beautiful DIY mini Christmas tree arrangement that will bring a touch of nature into your home for the holidays. This easy-to-assemble live arrangement is the perfect place to start your Christmas decorating.
Hello! I am Libbie from A Life Unfolding where I share about Home decor, DIY, and renovations. Today, I am sharing a quick idea for your holiday home decor.
This time of year, I become obsessed with plants that are shaped into mini Christmas trees! When I saw them at my local Trader Joe’s, I grabbed a few for this quick DIY holiday arrangement. Look at how cute these trees are-these little trees are right up my alley.
How to Make a Mini Evergreen Arrangement
Begin by choosing your favorite mini trees. I chose these three because I liked the color and height variety.
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
- Mini Rosemary Tree
- Mini Cypress Tree
- Mini Lemon Cypress Tree
- Rocks -these are optional, and I used them to keep my plants steady in my rounded bowl.
- Moss– For covering tree pots
- Mini String Christmas Lights
- Mini String Christmas Bulbs Lights
- Mini Ornaments
Mini Christmas tree Tips:
Feel free to use my tutorial as a springboard to creativity! The following tips will give you more ideas and ways you can stretch beyond the basic steps I outlined.
Pick a container
I lined my container to protect it. If you are using a plant-friendly container, you could skip this step.
Caring for your Mini Christmas Trees
Avoid placing your Mini Christmas Tree near any heat source that will cause it to dry out quickly. Keep it in a cooler well lit area and water every two or three days. Be careful not to let the Rosemary plants dry out.
Let’s get started.
DIY Mini Christmas Tree-Home Decor idea
- 1 Painters Tape
- 1 Rosemary Mini Tree
- 1 Cypress Mini Tree
- 1 Lemon Cypress Mini Tree
- 1 Tissue Paper-Paper bags
- 1 Plastic
- 1 Moss
- 1 Mini Christmas lights
- 1 Mini Ornaments
- 1 Rocks
- Line your basket with plastic, then using painters tape, secure the liner to the basket.
- Add your rocks for drainage and in my case it flattened the bowl so the plants didn't tip over.
- Next add tissue paper balled up to "support or hold" the plants where you want them.
- Continue adding all of your plants. Once placement looks good to you add the moss to cover the plant pots and tissue paper.
- Time for String lights. Make sure to check the batteries- I have mine on a timer, and hide the battery box under the moss.
- Add ornaments or other embellishments. Stand back and admire!
Where to Buy Mini Christmas Trees
I found my Mini Christmas trees at Trader Joe’s, and they are also available at most floral shops during the holidays, but you can also buy them on amazon.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this DIY Mini Tree arrangement, then you’ll enjoy these DIY decor projects too.
You may also enjoy these holiday ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –