Easter Bunny Chow Chex Mix Recipe
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
We use a simple spring treat that compares to the likes of Muddy Buddies. This Easter Bunny Chow Chex Mix Recipe is sure to be a family favorite.
Hey there Kenarry Readers! Trish here with a delightful creation that could be considered along the lines of Muddy Buddies, Puppy Chow or Chex Mix. With spring in the air this sweet treat shall be called Easter Bunny Chow! This white powdered sugar covered snack mixed with pastel colors just looks like Spring.
How to Make Easter Bunny Chow
You can always scroll right down to the printable recipe card. First, I have some ideas and photos that I think are really helpful.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Large Baking Sheet
- Wax Paper
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Size Microwave Safe Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Spoon
- Gallon Size Ziploc Bag (or bigger)
Supplies or Ingredients Needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Corn Chex Cereal
- White Chocolate Chips
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar, divided
- Pastel M&Ms Candies
Easter Bunny Chow Tips:
- Any Chex cereal works great in this recipe; if you prefer Rice or Wheat Chex or a combination of Corn, Rice and/or Wheat Chex – go for it! By default’ I use Corn Chex but I definitely recommend using your personal favorite.
- Similar to most like-recipes the white chocolate chips can be replaced with candy melts.
- The bigger the mixing bowl the better! When it comes to gently folding together the cereal with the melted mixture I recommend using the biggest mixing bowl that you can find.
- To make your Easter Bunny Chow peanut-free replace the Creamy Peanut Butter with an additional 4 ounces of White Chocolate Chips.
- Use a gallon size Ziploc bag or larger to mix the coated Chex cereal with the powdered sugar; it’s best to mix in half of the sugar and cereal then gently shake before adding the remainder of the cereal and sugar to the Ziploc bag.
- Your festive spring snack does not have to be refrigerated; however, you should store your Easter Bunny Chow in an airtight container; think Ziploc bag, Rubbermaid container with a tight lid or mason jar.
- Share this sweet snack with neighbors, classmates and friends by placing a scoop of this spring snack in a clear treat bag tied with a festive ribbon.
Additional Easter Bunny Chow Mix-In Ideas:
Any of the following mix-ins will make for tasty flavor combinations; simply add a cup of any of the following options to your prepared Chex Mix after it has completely cooled.
Easter Bunny Chow
- 9 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Margarine
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar Divided
- 1 Cup Pastel M&M Candies
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper then set it aside.
- Add Chex Cereal to large mixing bowl then set it aside.
- Add peanut butter, margarine and white chocolate chips to a microwavable bowl and heat on high for one minute.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir until melted and creamy. Next add vanilla to the melted mixture and stir until well combine.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal and gently fold using a spatula or mixing spoon until the cereal is coated with peanut butter mixture.
- Next add half of the powdered sugar and half of the cereal to a large ziploc bag; seal the bag and gently shake until the cereal is covered in powdered sugar.
- Add the remaining sugar and cereal to the ziploc and shake until all of the Chex pieces are covered.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared pan and allow the Easter Bunny Chow to cool.
- Finally, add M&Ms and any additional mix-ins desired.
- Store in airtight container.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this Easter Bunny Chow Chex Mix Recipe then you’ll love these simple Chex snack recipes too:
Brownie Batter Muddy Buddies Recipe
Cake Batter Muddy Buddies Recipe
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies Recipe
You may also enjoy these Chex recipe ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
Just one word to describe this……………..Addictive