Homemade Pecan Shortbread Cookies
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Looking to step-up your cookie game? We got you covered! Impress your friends and family with a delicious HOMEMADE batch of Pecan Shortbread Cookies. They’re melt-in-your-mouth delicious and are completely irresistible.
Hello there, foodie friends! I am SO happy that you’re here with me today, as I show you step-by-step on how to make the best Homemade Pecan Shortbread Cookies. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Lisa Favre, and I run the food blog, Sugar Agenda. Recipe development and food photography are my two specialties!
Shortbread cookies really take me back to my childhood. I would devour them over the holiday season and in my college years, I loved having them with a hot cup of coffee.
Pecans have always been one of my favorite nuts so one day I told myself, “Why not incorporate them into your next batch of homemade shortbread cookies?” That’s how this recipe came to life!
How to Make Your Very Own Batch of homemade pecan Shortbread cookies
These melt-in-your-mouth Pecan Shortbread Cookies are out of this world. They look professional AND taste like the real deal… your family will be incredibly impressed once they taste your homemade rendition!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer (either stand or hand mixer is fine)
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
Shortbread Cookies Tips:
Be sure to mix well
When starting to make the cookie dough, be sure to use an electric mixer so that all ingredients are thoroughly combined. The last thing you want is chunks of butter because then it will melt right through during the cooking process, and the cookie will completely lose its shape.
Refrigerating the cookie dough is key!
Shortbread cookies are a very delicate cookie (this is why they’re so crumbly!). Refrigerating the dough helps solidify the fats, which helps in the baking process. You don’t want the fats to melt faster than the rest of the ingredients. This will ensure that everything bakes evenly and in the right shape for the perfect shortbread cookie!
Be sure to use chopped pecans
It’s important to use chopped pecans because whole pecans can break the structure of your cookie dough. Plus, it’s a lot more pleasant to munch of pecan bits than whole ones when it comes to shortbread cookies.
Best Served With coffee and tea!
Call me old fashioned, but I absolutely adore having my shortbread cookies with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea. I remember this being my go-to snack all throughout college. I can taste it in my mouth just writing about it!
Homemade Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup pecans chopped into bits
- Add butter and brown sugar to a large bowl and use an electric mixer to cream together.
- Add vanilla extract to the butter and cream sugar.
- Fold pecans into the cookie mixture.
- Pour cookie dough onto a layer of plastic wrap. Dough will most likely be crumbly, so take your time to bring it together and form it into a log, about 5-7 inches in length.
- Wrap the log in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour (you can also chill it overnight, but make sure to leave it out for about 30 minutes before baking).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the covered log and slice cookies so they’re about 1/3 of an inch thick.
- Carefully place each cookie onto the lined baking sheet, about 1 ½ to 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed these Homemade Pecan Cookies then you’ll enjoy these delicious cookie recipes, too!
Our Family’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Fully Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies
You may also enjoy these cookies ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –