These Sausage and Cheese Egg Muffins are a delicious make-ahead breakfast that is perfect for eating on the go or for busy back to school mornings! These egg muffins are even freezer-friendly for meal prep cooking!
Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing a quick, back to school recipe that will help keep your family fed and happy in the morning! If you need an easy breakfast that can be eaten in the bus or the car, then you will want this recipe for Sausage and Cheese Egg Muffins in your arsenal!
Easy Breakfast for busy mornings
Can you believe that back to school is upon us? I am a teacher, so not only do I need to prepare my kids for back to school, but I have to get myself ready, too! It can be a stressful and busy time of the year and eating gets a little out of whack until I get our schedules settled.
While I am okay with resorting to throwing a granola bar at my kids in the mornings, I would much rather serve them a hot breakfast. These Easy Sausage and Cheese Egg Muffins are perfect because you can make up a big batch on the weekends and then serve all week!
Egg Muffin Ideas
These muffins are super versatile and you can substitute in whatever type of meat, veggies, and cheese that you like.
Ham swaps out perfectly for the sausage and you can add more vegetables or even leave them out altogether if you want. I used peppers and onions for flavor, but they definitely aren’t necessary. I think that cheddar cheese goes best with eggs, but Monterey jack, swiss, or even mozzarella would work here!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- peppers, onions, garlic
- cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
How to freeze Sausage and Cheese egg Muffins
If you want, you can make these and freeze after following the instructions in the recipe card. When muffins are completely cool, place in a freezer-safe container. You can freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and let defrost in the fridge overnight. Heat up in the microwave for 1 minute when ready to eat.
Sausage and Cheese Egg Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non stick spray.
- In a skillet, add your sausage, peppers, onions, garlic clove, and butter. Cook until vegetables start to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add a heaping tbsp. of sausage mixture to the bottom of each muffin well. If you have any leftover, go back and add more. Pour egg mixture over each muffin well. Sprinkle each with remaining cheese.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown and set in the middle when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and then run a knife around the edges before removing from the pan. Serve warm or room temperature.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed these Sausage and Cheese Egg Muffins, then you will love these other make-ahead breakfast recipes!
You may also enjoy these breakfast ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –