These St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles are a quick, easy, and tasty way to add some festive green into your day! Featuring layers of rich, chocolatey brownie and sweet vanilla pudding, this easy dessert idea not only tastes great, but looks pretty too!
Hi everybody! It’s Alaina from Bullock’s Buzz, and I’ve got another delicious holiday recipe – St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles for a festive and easy dessert idea!
St. Patrick’s Day is one of my favorite holidays – it’s laid back, doesn’t take a lot of preparation, and it’s a lot of fun! Plus there are so many festive foods you can make – like these St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles!
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day brownie trifles
These tasty St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles have layers of rich, chocolatey brownie and sweet vanilla pudding, and are topped off with a cloud of whipped cream and a dusting of green and gold sprinkles. They are fun, festive, easy-to-make, and taste wonderful!
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
You’ll find a recipe card at the end of this post with the exact quantities for each ingredient and the instructions to make this St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles recipe. Here’s what you’ll need from the store before you make it.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- vanilla pudding mix
- brownies – use a store-bought mix, already-made brownies, or your own recipe
- whipped cream – use store-bought or make your own
- green jimmies and gold sugar sprinkles
- green food coloring
St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles is a super easy recipe that comes together in very little time.
All you have to do is whip up a batch of instant vanilla pudding and mix in a few drops of green food coloring, crumble up some brownies, and then layer everything together in cute bowls, cups, or glasses.
Top ’em off with a cloud of whipped cream followed by a dusting of sprinkles, and you have a fun and festive treat that everyone will love!
TIPS FOR MAKING St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles
Here are a few tips to help you out when making these brownie trifles.
- Green food coloring gel gives the pudding a better green color than green food coloring drops.
- St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles can be made up to one day ahead of time.
- These brownie trifles need to be stored in the refrigerator if you are not eating them right away.
- These trifles will last 1-3 days in the fridge, although they are the best right after they are made.
- To save time, use already-made, store-bought brownies.
- I made these as individual servings in separate glasses, but you could also make this recipe in a large trifle bowl to feed a crowd.
- St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles are great to take to parties!
- They also make great gifts!
St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles
- Make pudding according to instructions. Once the pudding is done, add in 2-3 drops of green food coloring, or until the desired shade of green is reached.
- Break up prepared brownies into small pieces.
- To assemble trifles: add a layer of cut-up brownies, a layer of pudding, another layer of brownies, another layer of pudding, ending with a final layer of brownies.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Add a dusting of green and gold sprinkles.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
If you enjoyed this St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles recipe then you’ll enjoy these other quick and easy recipes too.
You may also enjoy these St. Patrick’s Day ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –