What makes this Wooden Ballerina Craft for Kids awesome is that you can completely customize your ballerina, from hair color, skin color, and even the tutu color.
Hi everyone! It’s Erica bringing you a ballerina craft this month. I love searching through my crafts and looking for items I already have on hand to make crafts from. That’s what crafting is all about. I have containers full of items like paint, googly eyes, fabric, and much more. It all comes in handy when you wanna make something fun.
How to Make Wooden Ballerina Craft for kids
These little wooden ballerinas are a perfect craft to make after ballet class with a little snack.
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Craft/DIY Tools Needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
Wooden Ballerina Craft tips:
what are some ways i can change up the ballerina’s appearance?
The thing about these fun ballerinas is you can change the appearance simply by changing hair color by using a different color yarn. Change the color of your ballerina’s skin by painting the wood piece first and letting it dry before you begin. If you don’t like pink, make your ballerina blue by using a different color paint and mini cupcake liner for the outfit.
What is a good substitute for the wood?
If you can’t find these little wood pieces, there are many other options you can use instead. You can also use craft sticks, card stock, foam sheets, etc. Find something in your house you can use, no need to run off to the store.
Wooden Ballerina Craft for Kids
- White Glue
- Paint Brush
- 1 Piece Wood
- 1 TBSP Pink Paint
- 1 Mini Cupcake Liner any color
- 8 Inches Yellow Yarn any color
- 2 Small Googly Eyes
- 1 White Pipe Cleaner
- Lay out a piece of scrap paper or newspaper.
- Paint the top center of your wood piece pink, this will be the top of the ballerina's top.
- Fold a mini cupcake liner in half and glue it right below the painted pink top, this will be the tutu.
- Paint 2 ballet slippers onto the bottom, below the skirt.
- Use Elmer's glue to glue 2 googly eyes onto the top of the wood piece.
- Carefully paint a small heart under the eyes, this will be the ballerina's lips.
- Cut 4 pieces of yarn (length can vary) and glue to the top of the wood piece for the ballerina's hair.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half, bend it into a half circle, and glue to the back of the wood piece in the center. This will be the ballerina's arms.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this Wooden Ballerina Craft for Kids then you’ll enjoy these creative treats too.
You may also enjoy these kid-friendly crafts on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –