These washi tape bookmarks are a fun craft project for both the kids and adults! With only a few basic craft supplies, it’s so easy to whip up these colorful bookmarks!
Easy Craft for Kids
Hi there, Kenarry readers! It’s Kelly from Typically Simple and I’m excited to be back again this month with another simple kids’ craft. I recently shared a corner bookmark felt craft to help introduce kids to sewing. Well, I have another bookmark craft that is perfect for using up some of those paper scraps in your craft room!
I tend to save bits and pieces of everything, just in case. Fabric, scrapbook paper and card stock, ribbon. They all go into a box for those scrappy type projects where I need just a little piece of something. Well, that box is starting to get a little too full, so I thought it’d be fun to use up some of the bigger pieces of card stock to make some bookmarks!
How to Make Washi Tape Bookmarks
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
- card stock or heavier weight scrapbook paper
- paper trimmer
- washi tape
- hole puncher
- alphabet stamps and ink
- Trim the paper scraps into long rectangles. I made mine about 2 inches wide by 6 inches tall.
- Punch a hole in the paper towards the top.
- Use different colors and patterns of washi tape to decorate the bookmark.
- Personalize the bookmark with a fun saying or word using alphabet stamps.
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 4-5 inches long and tie it onto the bookmark.
DIY Bookmark Ideas
If you are running low on creativity, don’t worry! I’ve gotcha covered. Here are some decoration ideas and themes you can try on your bookmarks.
- Disney Bookmarks – pick out your favorite movie. Use washi tape that resembles the colors from that movie. For example, gold and brown for Beauty and the Beast or teal and green for The Little Mermaid.
- Superhero – Make bookmarks based on your favorite super hero – like Blue and Black for Batman.
- Complimentary Colors – Pick out complimentary colors from the color wheel and just use tape with those colors.
- Rainbow – Pick out tapes in the ROYGBIV pattern.
These washi tape bookmarks are a great craft to make with a larger group of kids because the supplies are fairly inexpensive and every one can put their own creative touch on it!
Here are a few more fun kids’ crafts you might enjoy!
You may also be interested in these other easy craft ideas on Kenarry:
- How to Make Layered Paper Jewelry
- How to Make an Easy Jewelry Box with a Cute Label
- Homemade Christmas Ornaments: Cinnamon Cross and Star
With a passion for teaching, crafting, and photography, Kelly created a blog that weaves them all together. From easy dinner recipes to quick DIY projects, Typically Simple provides creative inspiration for cooking and baking, crafting with kids, home decor, organization and more. A classroom teacher for seven years, Kelly now stays at home with her very energetic little boy. Armed with her hot glue gun and a cup of coffee, she enjoys working on craft and DIY projects during nap-time. You might also find her taste-testing new recipes in the kitchen!
Originally published January 2018. Updated January 2019.