These moist Blueberry and Strawberry Muffins are one of the easiest from scratch muffin recipes that you’ll ever try and most definitely the most delicious!
Hi everyone, Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing a delicious easy recipe for Blueberry and Strawberry Muffins that my daughter and I recently baked up!
With the stay at home order, we have all been working so hard to keep our kids safe and entertained. My oldest daughter has really started to show an interest in baking so we have been whipping up different recipes, all of her choosing! She REALLY wanted to make muffins with both blueberries and strawberries, and I agreed that it sounded like a delicious idea!
This from scratch muffin recipe is way easier than you’d think. You mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another, and then combine. Fold in the fruit and then bake!
Here are some tips for making perfect muffins
Do not over mix. You want to actually count your mixes, and keep it under 10! Overmixing makes your batter tough.
Do not over bake. These muffins have two cook temperatures. You start at 400 degrees and then decrease after 5 minutes to 350. You do not want to keep these in the oven longer than 20 minutes.
Remove these muffins immediately from the muffin tin. You do not want any carry over cooking.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Combination of blueberries and strawberries
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda
It is no mistake that these muffins call for both butter and oil. The butter adds flavor and the oil adds that light airy texture. Use any unflavored oil you have, vegetable, canola, etc.
These muffins are best served the day they are made, but you can also freeze them in an airtight container for up to a month! If eating them after they are freshly baked, I recommend heating up for 15 seconds!
Blueberry and Strawberry Muffins
- 2 Medium Sized Bowls
- Muffin Tin
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk or a mixture of 1 scant cup milk plus 2 tbsp white vinegar – let sit for 10 minutes before adding
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp butter melted, then cooled to room temp
- 4 tbsp unflavored oil
- 1 cup mixture of blueberries and strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add all wet ingredients to another bowl. Make sure that butter has cooled.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet. Mix to combine, but do not overmix. Mix less than 10 times!
- Fold in the fruit, reserving about 1/4 cup.
- Add batter to a muffin tin. Either spray the wells or add cupcake papers. Add remaining fruit to the tops of the muffins. Sprinkle each muffin with a smidge of white sugar.
- Put muffins in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, turn the temperature down to 350 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes and then remove from oven. Remove muffins immediately from muffin tin to cool.
If you enjoyed these Blueberry and Strawberry Muffins, then you’ll enjoy these other berry recipes too!
You may also enjoy these muffin recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –