These easy Homemade Blueberry Muffins are tender, moist and packed with fresh juicy-sweet blueberries! Once you try this made-from-scratch Blueberry Muffins recipe, you’ll never need to try another.
Hey y’all! It’s Alaina from Bullock’s Buzz and I am thrilled to be back with another delicious recipe! Are y’all ready to try some of the best blueberry muffins you’ll ever eat? These muffins are tender, moist, and absolutely packed with fresh blueberries bursting with sweetness!
Blueberries are one of my favorite spring and summer berries. I love cooking with them, baking with them, and even eating them fresh. And one of my all-time favorite recipes to make with them is homemade blueberry muffins!
Once you try these made-from-scratch blueberry muffins that are filled with fat, juicy, sweet blueberries, you’ll never want to try another blueberry muffin recipe again! These tasty and moist muffins have a nice rise, a tender crumb and they are oh, so good! Plus, they are easy to make, too.
How to Make homemade blueberry muffins
Making these homemade blueberry muffins is as easy as pie. No, actually, it’s easier than pie! Just the smell of them baking in the oven will have your mouth watering! Luckily, they’ll be ready in a jiffy, so you won’t have long to wait until you can bite into a sweet, moist muffin that’s bursting with flavor! So are you ready to get started?
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen SUPPLIEs Needed:
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie scoop
- Small spatula
- Muffin tin
- Muffin wrappers -optional
- Cooling Rack
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Softened butter
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Blueberries, washed, drained and picked over
1. PREPARE THE OVEN AND MUFFIN PAN.
Begin by preheating the oven. Then grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin or line with cupcake liners.
2. PREPARE THE BLUEBERRY MUFFIN BATTER.
Using either a hand mixer and medium bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Tip: to get the sugar and butter ” airy light” beat it for at least 5 to 8 minutes.
Next, add in the eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Then add the vanilla.
Next, crush 1/2 cup of the blueberries with a fork, and mix them into the batter. Don’t worry, they will not turn the batter blue!
For the remaining whole blueberries, make sure they are 100 percent completely dry, then toss them in a little bit of flour before gently folding them into the muffin batter with a spatula. The flour will keep them from sinking to the bottoms of the muffins.
3. ADD THE BATTER TO TINS.
Now fill each muffin tin with batter. I’ve found that using a cookie scoop is the quickest and easiest way to do this. If you want a shorter muffin like mine, then fill each tin about 3/4 full. If you prefer muffins with a higher top, then fill the tins all the way.
4. PREPARE AND ADD THE TOPPING.
In a small bowl, combine the three teaspoons of white sugar and the 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix well, then sprinkle on top of the muffin batter.
5. BAKE THE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS.
Baking times will vary depending on your oven, so make sure you turn on the oven light (do not open the oven door) to keep an eye on them. The muffins are done when the tops rise and a toothpick inserted in the middle of one comes out dry.
6. REMOVE FROM OVEN.
Carefully remove the muffins from the oven, then remove each muffin from the tin and let them cool for at least 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
7. SERVE AND ENJOY!
Once cool, serve the muffins with a nice, tall glass of cold milk. If they last long enough, you can store any extra muffins in an uncovered container until you’re ready to enjoy them again! Storing the muffins uncovered will prevent them from being too moist the next day.
Easy Homemade Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Preheating oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin or line with cupcake liners.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Then add the vanilla.
- Crush 1/2 cup of the blueberries with a fork, and mix them into the batter.
- Make sure remaining whole blueberries are completely dry, then toss them in a little bit of flour. Then gently fold them into the muffin batter.
- Fill each muffin tin with batter. Sprinkle the 3 tsp sugar combined with 1/4 tsp cinnamon on top of the muffin batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then remove each muffin from the tin and let cool for at least 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
If you like these homemade Blueberry Muffins, try some of my other summery recipes on Bullock’s Buzz such as:
You may also enjoy these other simple dessert recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Soft Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- Apple Coffee Cake Muffins
- Blueberry and Strawberry Muffins
Originally published May 2019. Updated May 2020.