Hello, there Kenarry friends! I’m Rita Joy from Harbour Breeze Home, and I’m thrilled to be here today sharing my favorite new dinner recipe: Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
It requires just a few basic ingredients:
- 1 can black beans (19 oz)
- 1 can white kidney beans (19 oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can corn (12 oz)
- 1 onion
- 2 cups chicken stock (I made mine with OXO chicken)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2-3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
I discovered this new-to-me recipe online and modified slightly this recipe.
The assembly of this soup is quick & easy. Here’s how to do it:
1. Dice the onion and place it in the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Add all the rest of the ingredients ~ the beans (drained and rinsed), corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and chicken stock. Stir together.
3. Place the chicken breasts on the sauce, and using a fork, press them down until liquid is totally covering each of them.
4. Add salt & pepper & extra spices for your family’s taste if you like things really spicy!
5. Turn crock pot on low and cook at least 7 hours.
6. When ready to eat, take out chicken breast, shred with 2 forks, and add back into the soup.
7. Serve with sour cream and guacamole or whatever taco toppings you like. We like ours with cheddar cheese, fresh tomatoes, and a side of corn chips.
Yummy!! ~And perfectly simple for busy days. Before you go, check out these other Easy Dinner Ideas!
Crock Pot Chicken Chili Soup
- 1 White Kidney Beans Can - 19 oz
- 1 Black Beans Can - 19 oz
- 1 Diced Tomatoes Can - 28 oz
- 1 Corn Can - 12 oz
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 Onion
- 2-3 Breasts Chicken Skinless and Boneless
- Dice onion and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add to the onions, along with the corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and chicken stock.
- Stir and add salt & pepper and additional seasonings if you want a spicier soup.
- Place the raw chicken breasts on top of the liquid, and using a fork, submerge the chicken under the liquid.
- Turn crock pot on low for at least 7 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove chicken breasts and shred with a fork. Serve with your favorite taco toppings and corn chips.
Here are some other recipes you may enjoy:
Rita Joy is a wife, mom, passionate homemaker, and blogger at Harbour Breeze Home. She loves the challenge of making a pretty and functional home (on a tight budget) and cooks because her family needs to eat! Along with rearranging furniture and painting rooms, she loves to find quaint coffee shops where she savors black coffee with a side of delicious baked goods!