If you like rhubarb and ginger you are going to adore these delicious sweet rhubarb muffins. This easy recipe is so quick to make and they’re a great treat for family and friends if you need potluck ideas.
A while ago, my mum let me try her amazing Rhubarb, Raisin & Ginger Muffins. One bite and I was sold, I had to have her rhubarb muffins recipe!
I’ve always been a fan of rhubarb and have fond childhood memories of being able to go to the bottom of my granddad’s garden and pick a stick to eat raw. We would always bring them back to the house to wash it and chop the ends off. Our grandma would then give us a small bowl of sugar so that we could dip it as we munched our way through the rhubarb stick.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kenarry: Ideas for the Home will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
How to Make Rhubarb Muffins
I don’t know what it is about the combination of rhubarb and ginger but they compliment each other beautifully.
What You Need:
- 12-cup muffin tin
- Paper liners
- Knife and cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Flour sifter
- Mixing spatula
- Wooden skewers or toothpicks
- 2½ cups rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 pieces stem ginger in syrup (finely chopped)
- 1⅔ cups plain or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup melted butter (allow to cool)
Even people who generally don’t like rhubarb tend to like these delicious sweet and flavoursome muffins.
I do hope you will have a go at making these rhubarb muffins because I am sure you are going to love them.
Rhubarb Muffins with Raisins and Ginger
- 2 1/2 cups Rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 pieces Stem Ginger in Syrup Finely Chopped
- 1 2/3 cups Flour Plain
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter allow to cool
- Pre-heat the oven to 350℉ / 180℃.
- Prepare muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- Chop the rhubarb into small 1/2" pieces.
- Beat the eggs, milk and butter until combined.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into a separate bowl, make a well in the middle and add the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Add the raisins, chopped rhubarb and the chopped stem ginger to the mixture and mix.
- Divide the mixture between the paper muffin cases (fill almost to the top) and put into the pre-warmed oven.
- Allow the muffins to bake for approx 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown (you can check if they are cooked by inserting a wooden skewer - if the skewer comes out clean then they are done).
More Ideas for You:
If you enjoyed this rhubarb muffins recipe, here are a few more of my recipes that you may like:
While you’re here, be sure to check out other breakfast recipes on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home:
- Dutch Hangop: A Delicious Creamy Yogurt Dessert
- Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- Pumpkin Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Food Processor Buttermilk Scones
Sam is a British Expat who currently lives in the Netherlands with her Dutch husband and 2 beautiful daughters. Her family is very important to her and she values all the little things in life which bring happiness. She loves to be creative and is always happy when she is able to roll her sleeves up and getting stuck-in with her latest DIY or craft project. Sam is also the creator and editor of A Happy Home In Holland which is a creative family lifestyle blog. Her passions are reflected in the blog where you can expect to find lots of home décor inspiration, DIY tutorials, craft ideas, family friendly recipes & fun activities for the kids.