This Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is a super flavorful chili recipe that is so easy. Just dump in all the ingredients and let your slow cooker do all the work!
Hello everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing an easy crock pot dinner that I am sure your family will love! This Slow Cooker Chicken Chili recipe winter comfort food at its finest. It is honestly effortless and tastes so good!
It is truly my favorite time of the year. I am one of those annoying people who start celebrating Christmas in October. I like to make the most of the holiday season and squeeze every last ounce of magic out! I’d much rather be shopping, wrapping, or watching Hallmark movies, so cooking takes a back burner. This chicken chili is perfect for busy holiday evenings because it is zero effort.
Can you use the Instant Pot to make this chicken Chili recipe?
I don’t use my slow cooker often, I am more of an Instant Pot gal myself, but the slow cooker is the best piece of equipment for this recipe. I love making regular chili in my Instant Pot, but any recipe that requires dairy is best in the slow cooker. The cream cheese will burn in the Instant Pot.
The Two Secret Ingredients in my slow COOKER CHICKEN chili
This chicken chili recipe is made special by the addition of two secret ingredients, bacon and dry ranch seasoning! They add so much flavor and dimension and are unexpected flavors in a chili. Everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
Slow cooker chicken chili substitutions
You can definitely customize this recipe to suit your needs. Here are some of my favorite ingredient substitutions.
- Swap the black beans for kidney beans.
- Add jalapeños for some spice.
- Use Monterey jack cheese.
- Sub low-fat cream cheese for the full fat.
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
You only need one kitchen tool for this yummy soup.
- Slow Cooker, at least a six-quart
chicken chili ingredients
The exact measurements are in the printable recipe card below. Here is what you will need from the store before you make this recipe.
- Chicken breasts
- Rotel tomatoes with green chilis
- Black beans
- Chicken broth
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chilis
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 8 slices cooked and crumble bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- extra cheese, fritos, hot sauce for serving
- Beginning with the chicken on the bottom, add all ingredients to the slow cooker except for cream cheese and cheddar cheese and toppings.
- Set temperature to low and cook for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Half way through cook time, add cream cheese.
- When ready to eat, shred chicken and add cheddar cheese. Let melt then serve with desired toppings.
If you loved this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili recipe, then you will love these other chicken comfort food recipes.
You may also enjoy these dinner ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –