This Sweet and Buttery Cornbread recipe uses real kernels of cream corn for an unbelievably delicious bread to go with your favorite soup.
Whether you’re looking for a new bread to have with your Thanksgiving meal or your favorite soup, this Sweet and Buttery Cornbread is sure to please the whole family. This recipe uses real kernels of cream corn and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter for an unbelievably delicious bread that goes great with any dinner.
Homemade cornbread recipe
As the weather gets cooler, one of our favorite meals to make on the weekends is a warm pot of chili. I love putting it in the slow cooker in the morning and letting it cook all day, while we relax, tackle chores, or work on our latest DIY project.
If you’re going to have chili, though, you need to have cornbread, right? We’ve created a delicious recipe for a moist, sweet and buttery cornbread you’ll love. The best part, though, is you don’t actually use real butter. Instead, we used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter which has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter. That makes it healthier for you and unbelievably delicious!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- Evaporated Milk
- Cream Corn
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Yellow Corn Meal
The best spread for homemade cornbread
About a month ago when I was shopping at the grocery store, I noticed I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter recently came out with an entirely new formula and packaging. It’s now made from real, simple ingredients you can recognize like plant-based oils, purified water and a pinch of salt. I love that the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter is already creamy and spreadable straight out of the refrigerator, so there’s no need to wait for it to soften.
The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter comes in Original, Light and Olive Oil varieties. For the Sweet and Buttery Cornbread, we used the Original spread, which contains 0g trans fat per serving, no cholesterol and no partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. The plant-based oils are a source of both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, as well as a good source of omega-3 ALA. That means these are the “good” fats you want to have in a healthy, balanced diet, similar to the good fats found in avocados, walnuts and almonds.
This recipe for Sweet and Buttery Cornbread also uses evaporated milk and a small can of cream corn which gives it a dense, moist texture with real chunks of corn you can see. It’s a little sweet too, so it’s almost like eating a delicious cake with your bowl of chili. My husband and sons love bread with their meals so the Sweet and Buttery Cornbread was a huge hit with the three of them.
Sweet and Buttery Cornbread
- ½ cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 – 12 oz Evaporated Milk Can
- 1 – 8.25 oz Cream Corn Can
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Flour All-Purpose
- 1 cup Yellow Corn Meal
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and sugar until creamy.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Serving Suggestions for Sweet and Buttery Cornbread
I mentioned earlier how we enjoyed the Sweet and Buttery Cornbread alongside a large bowl of chili. We just served the cornbread warm with a little bit of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter on top. It would also be great with Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup or Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup.
Here are some other ways you might enjoy Sweet and Buttery Cornbread:
- You could mix Italian seasoning or garlic powder with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter before you spread it on the cornbread to give it an extra boost of flavor.
- Put the cornbread in your soup bowl first and then pour the chili over top of it.
- As soon as my husband, Kent, tried the cornbread, he suggested it would be delicious with a little honey or maple syrup drizzled across the top.
- I think the Sweet and Buttery Cornbread would also be tasty sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese when it first comes out of the oven.
However you choose to enjoy your Sweet and Buttery Cornbread, I encourage you to give the NEW I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter a try! It offers a fresh butter taste to add flavor to any meal, and can be used for spreading, topping, sautéing, cooking or baking. For more great-tasting recipes, visit www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com/recipes.
If you liked this recipe for Sweet and Buttery Cornbread, please share it with your friends or pin it for later:
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
While you’re here be sure to check out other delicious side dish recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Roasted Carrots Recipe With Dill: Easy Side Dish Idea
- Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe
- Roasted Potato and Onion Wedges: Simply Seasoned Side Dish
Originally published November 2014. Updated April 2020.