Turn wine corks into festive Christmas tree décor with this darling tutorial for Upcycled Wine Cork Reindeer Ornaments.
Tis’ the season, Kenarry readers! Trish here with a simple Christmas creation. Think Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and especially Rudolf the red nose reindeer with this adorable tutorial. In particular, THINK RUDOLF, if you happen to be creating upcycled wine cork Reindeer with red felt noses like the ones that I created to share with you.
How to Make Upcycled Wine Cork Reindeer Ornaments
These cork base reindeer will make a fun and festive addition to Christmas trees, door wreaths, and even seasonal garlands. Just follow this simple tutorial to create these adorable red-nosed winter creatures.
What you need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store.
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Craft/DIY Tools Needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Upcycled Wine Corks (or new ones)
- Brown Pipe Cleaners
- Googly Eyes
- Mini Red Felt Pom Poms
- Mini Hooks
- Jute or Ribbon
Upcycled Wine Cork Reindeer Ornaments Tips:
Assembly tips for Wine Cork Reindeer Ornaments
- Use a Q-tip to apply the hot glue. Simply clip off the cotton end of a Q-tip and use the thick stick to apply the hot glue to the wine corks. This allows for more control, smaller glue amounts being applied and less mess of glue when securing the eyes and noses to your Wine Cork Reindeer Ornaments.
- Rather than just using red felt pom poms for reindeer noses add brown felt pom poms to create an entire fleet of Santa’s reindeer!
- Replace the tiny hooks with craft wire (aka jewelry or bead wire). This allows for you to make longer hanging hooks and even skip the jute or ribbon if desired.
Ways to decorate with Wine Cork Reindeer
- My favorite use for these upcycled creations is to follow the instructions on the tutorial card creating ornaments to be hung on Christmas trees.
- Use these darling reindeer as gift wrap décor and secure a ribbon through the hook on top of the wine cork to attach reindeer to Christmas packages.
- Skip the hook in the top of the wine cork and screw it into the back of the reindeer cork instead; then use the hook as an anchor for threading craft wire or ribbon through the backs of the reindeer to secure these adorable Christmas creatures to door wreaths.
- Again, add the hooks to the backs of the reindeer rather than on top of the corks to create Christmas garland. Then thread jute or ribbon through the backs of the reindeer securing each one with a loop or knot to create a simple strand of garland similar to my Pinecone Garland.
Upcycled Wine Cork Reindeer Ornaments
- 1 Wine Cork
- 1 Brown Pipe Cleaner
- 1 pair Googly Eyes
- 1 Mini Red Pom Pom
- 1 Mini Hook
- 1 Jute Twine or Ribbon
- Step One: add a hook to the top of each wine cork by simply twisting the end of the hook into the cork.
- Step Two: add three dots of hot glue to secure the reindeer googly eyes and nose in place.
- Step Three: thread a piece of jute or ribbon through the hook on the reindeer’s head to create a hanger for the Christmas tree.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you and your family enjoyed creating these Wine Cork Reindeer Ornaments then you’ll love these simple upcycled Christmas décor tutorials too.
You may also enjoy these DIY Christmas Ornament ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –