DIY Face Moisturizer
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Creating your own DIY Face Moisturizer at home without added chemicals is incredibly easy, let me show you how!
This is the perfect thing to make as a gift – along with some homemade lip sugar scrub. It’s an all-natural way to give the gift of self-care and pampering.
Use this recipe to create the perfect blend for you, either a single oil or a combination, to make a luxurious, clean face moisturizer that will save you a ton of money when you can skip the expensive department-store versions and improve your skin at the same time.
How to Make DIY Face Moisturizer for all skin types
Have you ever wondered how to make face moisturizer at home? With this easy tutorial, you can nourish your skin with rejuvinating oils that keep it soft and healthy.
Start with a simple base recipe, and then customize your DIY Face Moisturizer with essential oils to maximize its benefits for ALL skin types- from aging skin to oil, acne-prone or. Combination skin. Once you use this light and hydrating moisturizer, you will never go to bought again
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
DIY Tools Needed:
DIY Face Moisturizer Tips:
Follow the step-by-step tutorial in the printable card at the bottom of this post. First, here are some tips that will help you out as you make face moisturizer at home.
What type of essential oil is best for my skin?
When choosing essential oils to add to your base recipe, you want to be sure and choose ones that best match your skin type and what you are trying to improve.
- Frankincense– There was a reason why Cleopatra held this one in such high regard, Frankincense is considered “liquid gold” and is great for minimizing wrinkles and fine lines, and is known to increase circulation, and tighten skin.
- Lavender– This gentle oil can help prevent and heal skin from acne breakouts, and also reduce inflammation. I love using lavender, especially in my nighttime skincare routine for the relaxing aromatherapy benefits!
- Ylang Ylang– This is the best bet for skin with hyperpigmentation or if you are trying to even out your skin tone. It can help lighten acne scars and reduce dark spots as well.
- Helichrysum– Helps with extremely dry, even flaky skin, and it is wonderful for skin inflammation. The healing properties are thought to even help prevent damage to the skin from UV rays.
Can I use a different oil other than jojoba?
Yes, you can use whatever oil base you prefer but very light oils like- safflower, marula, sunflower, grapeseed, argan, sweet almond, tea tree, and jojoba are best for the skin on your face. You want to stick with very light oil to keep pores from being clogged and your skin weighted down with heavy products.
DIY Face Moisturizer
- 3 Tablespoons jojoba oil
- 2 Tablespoons beeswax pellets
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin e oil
- 5-7 drops essential oil
- 2 Tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
- Place beeswax, jojoba, and vitamin e oil in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Repeat in 30 second increments until mixture is completely melted.
- Remove from microwave and add essential oils, whisk well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour into dark glass jar and allow to cool and set completely.
- Moisturizer will be solid but will melt into your fingertips at body temp.
- Apply to face in the morning and evening after your cleansing routine.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
You may also enjoy these other wonderful DIY Beauty ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –