This secret fruit pizza recipe is delicious and flexible too! This dessert that can be tailored to anyone’s tastes. Pick one fruit or several.
Hey there! It’s Alycia from Our Homestead Where My Heart Is, and I’m here to share another favorite recipe with you. This is one of my mom’s recipes, and a favorite of mine while growing up. I have a summer birthday, so often I will choose to have this instead of cake. Our family loves making this throughout the year.
But the summer and early fall are when the fruit is the most fresh. And to me fresh = delicious! My mom worked in a bakery through college and later cooked exclusively for a coffee shop. So let me tell you, that she knows what she is doing. Lucky you, you will find out her secret too.
This fruit pizza recipe is not only delicious, but flexible too!
A dessert that can be tailored to anyone’s tastes. Just pick one fruit or several of your seasonal favorites. You can even have each guest decorate their own mini fruit pizzas. Creativity and this dessert are best buds.
Mom's Fruit Pizza
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 4 cups Flour gluten free can be substituted 1 for 1
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 small container of whipped cream
- 1 small jar of marshmallow cream
- 1 package of room temperature cream cheese
YOUR FAVORITE FRUIT
- Suggestions include blueberries raspberries, strawberries, kiwi, peaches, mandarin oranges or whatever your heart desires!
FOR THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer until fully incorporated. Then mix in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients. Or use a trick of my mom's and just add them on top of the wet ingredients and mix them together before incorporating the wet ingredients into the mixture.
- Once a dough has formed, press it into a cookie sheet until fully spread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- NOTE: If you would like individual pizzas, simply roll the dough out. Use a cookie cutter to make your desired shape then bake for 8 minutes.
FOR THE SAUCE
- Begin by whipping the cream with a beater or a stand mixer until fluffy.
- Add in marshmallow cream and cream cheese. Whip until incorporated. Don't over whip.
- Spread on fully cooled crust and top with the fruit of your choice!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Try it out at your next family gathering and let me know what you think. You can also pin it to save it for later:
Make sure to head on over to my blog to see what other secrets I have to share:
And, be sure to check out these other favorites from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ –