This no-bake recipe will become an instant favorite for the lovers of all things pumpkin. Create these delightfully delicious Pumpkin Bites with less than ten ingredients and in less than ten minutes.
Hey there Kenarry Readers! Trish here with a simple no-fail no-bake pumpkin recipe that is fitting for fall and winter. These tasty rolled balls of pumpkin, oats, nuts, honey, and spices make a perfect addition to brunch and any holiday dessert table. My oat packed Pumpkin Bites are also good on the go and to serve as a great guilt-free snack for little ones.
Pumpkin bites No-Bake Recipe
Before you jump to the end of this post to print out the simple 10-minute recipe for Pumpkin Bites check out the tips below!
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
preparation and substitution
- Make more pumpkin bites. This recipe makes 18 Pumpkin Bites; however, it can easily make more if you create smaller pumpkin balls than those made with a heaping tablespoon.
- Freeze the dough. If you are in a rush to enjoy these slightly sweet bites you can place them in the freezer rather than the refrigerator to chill. Before you begin, make sure your prepared pan, plate or platter fits in the freezer and cut the chill/set time in half.
- Use either quick oats or old-fashioned oats. I use both quick oats and old fashioned oats; however, 1 1/2 cups of Quick Oats alone would work and taste just as great.
- Almonds substitution. The almonds in this recipe can easily be replaced with walnuts or pecans.
- Honey substitute. Maple Syrup makes a great substitution for the honey in this recipe.
- Add chocolate. If you enjoy chocolate mixed with pumpkin try adding either dark or white chocolate mini baking chips or shaved chocolate.
- Canned pure pumpkin puree substitution. This can be replaced with your own pumpkin puree recipe; however, pumpkin pie filling or canned pumpkin will not offer the same outcome.
what you need:
Kitchen Supplies Needed:
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Electric Blender or Food Processor
- Baking Sheet, Platter or Plate
- Parchment Paper
- Ziploc Storage Bag
- Quick Cooking Oats
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Raw Almonds
- Pure Pumpkin Puree
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
Optional: Dark Chocolate Chips or White Chocolate Chips
How to Store pumpkin bites
Store Pumpkin Bites in a Ziploc bag or sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or freeze them for up to two months.
How to Get the perfect consistency
If the consistency of your Pumpkin Bite dough appears to be too dry to shape into balls just add a little more honey. Likewise if the consistency is too wet simply add a few more oats
Pumpkin Bites No Bake Recipe
- Prepare a pan, plate or platter with a sheet of parchment paper this set it aside.
- Begin by chopping the almonds in an electric blender or food processor for one minute or until the almonds are in pieces but not powder. Next add the oats then mix for 30 seconds. (I prefer using two types of oats; however, just using quick oats will work just as well.) Pour the dry mix into a medium size mixing bowl then set it aside.
- Use a spatula to pour the mixture back into the mixing bowl. If desired, gently fold in dark or white chocolate chips then roll heaping tablespoons of the pumpkin goodness into balls. Place the Pumpkin Bites on your prepared pan then place the pan in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. Serve cold.
- Store Pumpkin Bites in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze them for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed these delicious no-bake Pumpkin Bites then you’ll enjoy these baked pumpkin recipes.
You may also enjoy these pumpkin ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –