This simple BBQ Chicken Tostadas Recipe is the perfect family meal for busy weeknights! With pre-cooked chicken, the meal can be served in less than 20 minutes.
Hey there Kenarry readers! Trish here with a simple recipe that is sure to be a hit with even the pickiest eaters in the family. If you tried my BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes the list of ingredients below will sound very familiar to you! Just like those flavor-packed potatoes I most often serve these tasty tostadas using a Rotisserie Chicken which keeps the entire preparation time from start to finish in under 20 minutes.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Tostadas
You can always scroll right down to the printable recipe card. First, I have some tips and photos that I think are really helpful.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Supplies Needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
BBQ Chicken Tostadas Ideas & Tips
These tips will save you lots of time on this already-easy chicken dinner recipe.
Pre-Cooked Chicken Ideas
- Cook 3 chicken breasts in the crockpot before dinner time then simply shred them using two forks or a hand mixer before mixing them with the BBQ sauce for tostadas.
- Pick up a deli cooked Rotisserie Chicken from the market on your way home from work then cube the chicken.
- Meal prep by adding a few chicken breasts to the grill when enjoying a weekend BBQ then refrigerate the breasts to use in these tasty tostadas on a busy weeknight.
BBQ Chicken Tostadas Substitution Tips
- Make these tostadas vegetarian by replacing the chicken with Chili Beans, Pinto Beans, or Black Beans. (My personal favorite is Chili Beans!)
- Enjoy these tostadas with your own homemade sauce.
- Use sugar free BBQ sauce to cut out a few calories.
- Skip the cheese all together or substitute the recipe called for Monterey Jack Cheese with your personal favorite shredded or crumbled cheese.
BBQ Chicken Tostadas Recipe | Easy 20 Minute Meal
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Sheet
- Cutting Board
- 6 Tostada Shells
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken, cubed or shredded
- 2 cups Your Favorite BBQ Sauce, divided
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Green Onions
- Preheat oven to 375* degrees then prepare a baking sheet with a layer of aluminum foil and set it aside.
- Cut (or shred) the prepared cooked chicken then add it to a mixing bowl with 1 ½ cups of BBQ sauce. Toss the chicken in the sauce until well covered.
- Next add ½ cup of chicken to the top of each tostada shell then top the chicken with shredded cheese and place the BBQ Chicken Tostadas on the baking sheet.
- Place the pan of tostadas in the warm oven and bake them at 375* degrees for 7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- While the tostadas are in the oven dice the green onion.
- Remove the tostadas from the oven then drizzle the tostadas with BBQ sauce before topping them with diced green onion. Serve immediately.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this simple recipe for BBQ Chicken Tostadas then you’ll enjoy these easy weeknight chicken recipes too.
You may also enjoy these BBQ recipe ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –