This one-pot dinner: Chicken Chorizo Bake is quick to prepare, hearty, & healthy. It’s an easy weeknight meal solution that the whole family will love.
Hi, Friends! It’s Rita Joy from Harbour Breeze Home here. I don’t know about you, but I’m always on the lookout for new meal ideas for our busy household. Today’s One-Pot Meal: Chicken Chorizo Bake was a surprise discovery as I watched a snippet of a talk show with Jamie Oliver as a guest. Through the magic of tv, he whipped up this meal in mere minutes! I was inspired to try a variation of that recipe that very night, and have made it many times since.
It’s quick to prepare, healthy & filling, and bursting with flavor! The added bonus is that it’s all prepared in just one pan.
A Healthy One-Pot Chicken Meal
You know those times when you want to feed your family a complete meal with meat and veggies but don’t want to make a really big mess in the kitchen?
Yeah, me too. And that’s how I came up with this meal. It has everything – starch, veggies, and meat. And it only uses one dish.
Here’s how to make it.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen tools needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
There are quite a few ingredients in this dish. Feel free to use any leftover veggies that you have, they all taste great in it.
- Sweet potatoes
- Baking potatoes
- Bell peppers
- Dried rosemary
- Chicken bouillon powder
- Red wine vinegar
- Chorizo sausage
- Garlic cloves
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
How to make chicken chorizo bake
You’ll find all the details in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. So scroll on down. But first, I have some details and an overview of the steps just in case you’re curious.
1. Do the food prep
The first step is to cut up all the veggies. You can do this food prep a few days in advance if you need to.
When you are ready to make the meal, place them in a large baking dish.
2. Blend the ingredients
You’ll need to blend the chicken bouillon with some hot chorizo sausage, some garlic cloves, the red wine vinegar, and some dried rosemary. This is going to smell so good!
3. Pour boiling water into the blender
You need to use boiling water because it will help make all the difference in how everything tastes as it cooks.
4. Place everything in a baking dish
Now you just have to put everything in a baking dish and sprinkle some seasonings on top. Then it is ready to bake!
Bake at 400 degrees F covered with aluminum foil for 45 minutes. Then uncover, and bake 35 minutes more ~ or until bubbling and the chicken and veggies are cooked through.
One Pot Meal: Chicken Chorizo Bake
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 red peppers or any pepper of your choice
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 packet chicken bouillon powder or one cube
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 ounces chorizo sausage
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt pepper, cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash the potatoes and chop into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- Peel the onion, wash and seed the peppers, and chop them into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place all vegetables in a large baking dish and mix together.
- Chop the chorizo, peel the garlic and add to the blender with rosemary and vinegar.
- Pour over 1 1/4 cups boiling water. Cover tightly and blend until smooth.
- Chop chicken into large chunks and place on top of veggies.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Pour blender mixture over chicken and veggies and mix together.
- Bake, covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 35 more minutes, or until veggies and chicken are cooked throughout.
Serve with yogurt, or with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Before you go, check out these other Easy Dinner Ideas! Looking for even more easy weeknight meal ideas? Here are a few more of our family favorites:
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
More Chicken Recipes
Here are some of our favorite chicken recipes for easy weeknight dinners.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken
- Lighter Chicken Taco Soup
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Originally published February 2017. Updated March 2020.