Hi, Friends! It’s Rita Joy from Harbour Breeze Home here. I don’t know about you, but I’m always on the lookout for new meal ideas for our busy household. Today’s One Pot Meal: Chicken Chorizo Bake was a surprise discovery as I watched a snippet of a talk show with Jamie Oliver as a guest. Through the magic of tv, he whipped up this meal in mere minutes! I was inspired to try a variation of that recipe that very night, and have made it many times since.
It’s quick to prepare, healthy & filling, and bursting with flavour! The added bonus is that it’s all prepared in just one pan.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kenarry: Ideas for the Home will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Here’s how to make it:
1. Chop into large chunks: 2 small sweet potatoes, 2 medium potatoes, 2 red peppers, and one onion. Place all in a large baking dish.
2. Put the kettle on to boil some water (to make “chorizo tea”), and place the following ingredients in a blender: 1 packet chicken bouillon, 1- 4 inch piece of hot chorizo sausage sliced, 2 peeled garlic cloves, 2 tsp. dried rosemary, and 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar.
3. Pour 1 1/4 cups boiling water over blender ingredients. Cover tightly and blend until smooth.
4. Place 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts that have been cut into chunks on the top of the veggies, and pour the blender ingredients over the top. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix all together.
Bake at 400 degrees F covered with aluminum foil for 45 minutes. Then uncover, and bake 35 minutes more ~ or until bubbling and the chicken and veggies are cooked through.
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 red peppers (or any pepper of your choice)
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 packet chicken bouillon powder (or one cube)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2½ ounces chorizo sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash the potatoes and chop into 1½ inch chunks.
- Peel the onion, wash and seed the peppers, and chop them into 1½ inch chunks.
- Place all vegetables in a large baking dish and mix together.
- Chop the chorizo, peel the garlic and add to the blender with rosemary and vinegar.
- Pour over 1¼ cups boiling water. Cover tightly and blend until smooth.
- Chop chicken into large chunks and place on top of veggies.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Pour blender mixture over chicken and veggies and mix together.
- Bake, covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 35 more minutes, or until veggies and chicken are cooked throughout.
Serve with yogurt, or with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Looking for some more easy weeknight meal ideas? Here are a few more of our family favorites:
Rita Joy is the creative behind the blog Harbour Breeze Home ~ a faith based lifestyle blog that focuses on home decor, recipes, DIY and fashion over 40. She loves to find simple & economical ways to help make every day life just a little more beautiful. Other than rearranging furniture and painting rooms, she also loves watching Fixer Upper, evening walks by the ocean, and having coffee breaks at quaint coffee shops.