This simple four ingredient cake mix recipe can be made in just a few minutes which makes Lemon Truffles the perfect easy dessert recipe.
This simple no bake recipe for Lemon Truffles only takes a few minutes to make. Best of all, this lemony treat calls for just four ingredients! Now that’s an easy dessert recipe.
Hey there, Kenarry Readers! Trish here, and I brought along another cake mix recipe. This recipe is perfect year round, however, if you are still in need of a holiday themed recipe you must take a look at my festive Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies.
The recipe I have to share today comes in super handy when you are short on time. There are just a few ingredients needed and from start to finish you can have these Lemon Truffles plated in less than a half hour.
What You Need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
You can find the full instructions in the recipe card below, but here are a few tips to help you get started.
Melt the butter by adding it to a medium microwaveable mixing bowl.
Add the lemon cake mix to the melted butter then mix in both the lemon juice and sugar.
Continue to mix until dough begins to form.
Roll lemon truffle dough into cake pop size balls, approximately 1 ½ inch balls.
Pour the remaining sugar in a shallow dish then roll each lemon truffle in the sugar until they are completely coated.
Place Lemon Truffles on prepared pan then chill them until they are set.
I keep my Lemon Truffles chilled in the refrigerator. Before serving them I allow them to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to soften them just a little bit.
This cake mix recipe is too simple not to keep on hand. Print it now or pin it for later.
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Sugar divided
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in microwave on high for 45 – 60 seconds.
- Mix lemon cake mix and butter in a medium size mixing bowl then mix in both the lemon juice and ¼ cup of sugar.
- Continue to mix until dough begins to form.
- Roll lemon truffle dough into 18-22 cake pop size balls, approximately 1 ½ inch balls.
- Pour the remaining sugar in a shallow dish then roll each lemon truffle in the sugar until they are completely coated.
- Place Lemon Truffles on prepared lined cookie sheet then chill them until they are set.
- Before serving allow the Lemon Truffles to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Check out a couple more of my quick & easy recipes perfect for this time of year below!
While you’re here, be sure to check out these other easy dessert recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Easy Dessert Recipes: 14 Christmas Potluck Ideas
- Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
- Raspberry Lemon Bars: Easy Dessert for Summer
Originally published December 2017. Updated March 2020.