Make your holidays extra festive with these rich, chewy, fudgy Christmas Tree Brownies. Delicious and easy-to-make, these holiday brownies are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face!
It’s that time of the year again. Holiday time! So grab your apron, turn on the oven, and let the baking begin! If you, like me, enjoy creating tasty and fun holiday treats, then you are going to love this Christmas Tree Brownies recipe! Hello, Kenarry readers! It’s Alaina from Bullock’s Buzz, and today I am thrilled to be sharing a tasty holiday treat that’s so easy to make even the kids could do it!
These holiday brownies have become something of a tradition in my family. They are one of our favorite holiday treats that we’ve been making together for several years now. Perhaps you could make this a holiday tradition with your own family!
How to Make CHRISTMAS TREE BROWNIES
Making Christmas Tree Brownies is as easy as child’s play. Literally. In fact, these festive Christmas treats are so easy to make, the whole family can get in on the fun!
Simply cut the brownies into triangles, add a pretzel rod trunk, squeeze on some icing, and sprinkle on your favorite toppings! The full printable recipe and instructions are at the bottom of this post.
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen or Craft/DIY Tools Needed:
Supplies or Ingredients Needed:
- brownies (either from a brownie mix or your favorite recipe)
- cookie icing – green
- sprinkles – fun festive holiday colors
- candy stars
- pretzel rods – small
Can Christmas Tree Brownies Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes! If you’d like to prepare these Christmas Tree Brownies ahead of time, you can bake the brownies, cut them into triangles, and then freeze them for up to one month before you plan to use them.
Make sure to wrap them in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container. When you’re ready to make them, simply thaw the brownies either at room temp. or in the microwave, then add the decorations.
How Do I Store Christmas Brownies?
To store leftover brownies, cover with foil or plastic wrap and place in an airtight container to keep them from drying out. Stored correctly, these brownies will last for about 2 to 4 days in an airtight container at normal room temperature.
Christmas Tree Brownies
- 1 package Brownie Mix
- 1 tube Cookie Icing green
- 1 package Holiday Sprinkles
- 1 package Candy Stars
- 1 package Pretzel Rods small
- Make the brownies according to the instructions on the back of the box, or your favorite made-from-scratch brownie recipe.
- Bake, and allow to cool completely.
- Once the brownies have cooled to room temperature, cut them into triangles. How large you make them is totally up to you. Don't worry about cutting perfectly equal triangles, they are trees after all!
- Carefully insert a pretzel stick into the bottom of each triangle to create a tree trunk.
- Starting at the top of the tree, gently squeeze the icing out of the tube moving in a curvy zigzag as you go down the tree.
- Add your favorite sprinkles for the ornaments, and top it off with a candy star.
- Serve and enjoy!
These Christmas Tree Brownies are so easy to make, and they look absolutely adorable! They are a great way to add a festive touch to your holiday table, and kids of any age will love them. They would also make a wonderful treat for a holiday party, or even an extra sweet homemade gift!
If you enjoyed this recipe for Christmas Tree Brownies then I bet you’ll love these other holiday treats!
You may also enjoy these Christmas projects and recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –