These No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars are the perfect snack when you’re looking for something filling but also, ultra sweet.
My name is Lisa… and I’m a snacker. Okay, I’m also the founder of the food blog, Sugar Agenda, but I’m first and foremost a snacker.
One of my lifestyle goals is to stop snacking on unhealthy snacks. It is something I am notorious for. Of course, these kinds of lifestyle changes require baby steps, and that’s how I came up with this delicious no-bake dessert.
My No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars satisfy my sweet tooth, but because it’s homemade, I know every single ingredient that’s going into it.
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
Are you a snacker like me? What are you waiting for?! These No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars are calling your name! You know your sweet tooth deserves it. Plus, your family will be totally stoked with a homemade treat. Keep on scrolling to get the full step-by-step instructions!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Shredded coconut
- Quick-cooking oats
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
Tips on how to make the best ever no-bake chocolate oatmeal bars:
Be sure your butter is softened
When it comes to making these no-bake oatmeal bars, start off with softened butter. You want to be able to grease your pan as thoroughly as possible, and softened butter is the only way to do this. Plus, softened butter for cooking the peanut butter and brown sugar mixture is so much easier.
how to quickly soften butter
Forgot to take out a stick of butter from the fridge? No problem! This is my way of getting softened butter: fill a tall glass with very hot water (just be careful with your fingers). Let the hot water sit in the glass for a few seconds, then pour out the water.
Place the heated glass on top of the stick of butter (the stick of butter will be standing up). Let it sit for about 30 minutes, then your butter should be good to go!
Don’t Skip out on the Shredded Coconut!
The shredded coconut gives this recipe SO much flavor! Unless you’re allergic, I highly recommended keeping it because it really elevates the taste.
Coconut Oil is key
Now, for another form of coconut: coconut oil! This recipe requires coconut oil to keep the melted chocolate as smooth as possible. I use it as a thinner whenever melting things like chocolate and candy melts.
Do i have to use quick oats for this recipe?
Because of the nature of this recipe (ie.: it being a no-bake dessert), I highly recommend going the quick oats route. Any other type of oat will not cook enough in the process, and the bars will be hard and not edible.
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Medium Sauce Pan
- 8×8 Square Baking Pan
- ¾ cup butter + extra for greasing
- ¾ cup peanut butter divided
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Begin by greasing a 9 x 9 square pan with butter. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, stir butter, ¼ cup peanut butter and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Stir until all ingredients are melted
- Add shredded coconut and oats. Mix for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the oat mixture from heat and pour half into the greased pan. Press down evenly. Set aside the rest of the mixture.
- In a separate sauce pan, mix together ½ cup peanut butter, chocolate chips and coconut oil over medium heat. Stir until completely melted.
- Once melted, pour onto the first oatmeal layer.
- Add the remaining oat mixture by crumbling it on top of the chocolate layer. Press down gently.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cut into square bars and serve.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Is your sweet tooth craving its next dessert? Do you like recipes just like these No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars? Okay, you’re in luck! I’ve got the perfect recipes for you:
You may also enjoy these oatmeal ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –