Nothing says summer like watermelon. And on a hot summer day a couple scoops of creamy Watermelon Soft Serve Frozen Yogurt will hit the spot.
Hey there, Kenarry Readers!! It’s me, Trish, lover of all fresh fruit. By now most of us know that Carrie is not the biggest fan of fruit. I am quite the opposite, I could live off of fresh fruit along with a side of chips and salsa or popcorn. Especially watermelon. It has always been my favorite fruit. What about you? Do you have a favorite fruit?
Summer means sweet red watermelon will soon be available in every market. Of course, for those lucky enough it might also be available in your very own garden. However, it is that you acquire your watermelon I have a super simple refreshing summer recipe to share with you that requires just one additional ingredient.
How to Make Watermelon Soft Serve Frozen Yogurt
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
This only has two simple ingredients.
- Seedless watermelon
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Mixing bowl
- Large resealable plastic bag
- Blender or food processor
- Mixing spatula
- Freezer safe container with lid
The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. But here’s a really quick overview of how to make it, along with some helpful tips.
First, you need to cut up the watermelon into cubes and freeze them. I suggest placing them in a bag because might freeze to a bowl.
Once the watermelon is frozen remove it from the freezer then place half of it in a blender (or a food processor). Blend it until the fruit becomes a bit grainy. If the watermelon is still chunky, blend it a bit longer.
Next, add half of the yogurt to the blender. Blend it slowly until it has a creamy consistency.
That’s it! Keep repeating these steps until you use up the rest of the watermelon and yogurt.
The Greek yogurt gives it a creamy texture that tastes and feels just like soft-serve ice cream.
After you use up all the fruit and yogurt, keep it in the freezer until you are ready to eat it.
Storage and Serving Suggestions:
Your Creamy Watermelon Soft Serve Frozen Yogurt can be left in the freezer longer than an hour; however, you will need to allow it to soften before serving.
Simply add a few inches of warm water to your sink or a larger container then place the freezer container into the water to soften.
Try this Watermelon Slush recipe if you’re looking for more ways to enjoy your watermelon.
Watermelon Soft Serve Frozen Yogurt
- 3 Cups Watermelon Cubes seedless
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Cut the watermelon into 1 inch size cubes. You will need 3 cups of cubes.
- Freeze the cubes in a bowl or plastic bag for 30-45 minutes (or until they are frozen solid).
- Place half of the frozen watermelon cubes in a blender (or a food processor). Blend it on the medium setting for 45 seconds to a minute until it becomes a bit grainy. If the watermelon still seems chunky blend it a little longer.
- Next add half of the yogurt to the blender. Turn the blender back on to a lower setting and allow the two ingredients to blend until the consistency becomes creamy and smooth.
- Pour the soft serve into a container that has a lid then repeat the steps with the remainder of the watermelon and yogurt.
- Cover and freeze for an hour then it is ready to serve.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
More Easy Recipes for Summer
Find a few more of my favorite refreshing treats are below.
While you’re here, be sure to check out other easy recipe ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®: