‘Tis the season to gather with friends and family for holiday cocktail parties! Bacon Spinach Blossoms with roasted red peppers and Italian cheeses are a festive holiday appetizer your Christmas guests will devour.
I’m sharing this Bacon Spinach Blossoms recipe today as part of a Holiday Cocktail Party with more than 40 other bloggers. You’ll find links to their sites at the end of this post so you can check out the amazing appetizers, cocktails/mocktails and desserts they’re sharing too.
Holiday Cocktail Party Ideas
My family’s Christmas traditions have changed over the years. When I was a kid, my family of six often had fondue as our special meal for Christmas Eve. Years later, when my nephews were small and the hot fondue oil was too dangerous, we started having steak and crab legs for our family Christmas gathering.
Nowadays, though, it’s become our tradition to have a huge Christmas party appetizers spread when we get together for my family’s Christmas celebration. Each adult brings an appetizer to share.
We start with a few of the appetizers around 4 p.m. and keep rolling out new snacks throughout the evening. Someone always brings cheese and crackers (Mom!), but many of us break out new appetizer recipes to try.
My Favorite Holiday Appetizer – Bacon Spinach Blossoms
What You Need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- 8 oz. Seamless Crescent Dough
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 12 oz. Jar of Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Cup Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
My Christmas appetizer idea this year is going to be these delicious Bacon Spinach Blossoms. My younger brother, who’s a very creative cook, made ham and cheese pinwheels last year. I decided to give his recipe a festive twist by using roasted red pepper and spinach to make my Bacon Spinach Blossoms a red and green appetizer for Christmas.
When I consulted him on my changes to his recipe, he gave me the brilliant suggestion of adding bacon into the cream cheese. When you try these yummy treats, you and your cocktail party guests will be as glad as I am that he thought of that!
Bacon Spinach Blossoms: Festive Holiday Appetizer
- 8 oz. seamless crescent dough
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 12 oz. jar of roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup Italian shredded cheese blend
Tips for Making this Holiday Appetizer
- When I consulted my younger brother about this recipe, he suggested I refrigerate the filled crescent dough roll for the Bacon Spinach Blossoms before I cut it so it would stay together better. Unfortunately, I couldn’t fit my cookie sheet in my side-by-side refrigerator. Instead, I actually put the filled roll for the Bacon Spinach Blossoms in my freezer for a half hour despite the clear DO NOT FREEZE warning on the side of the crescent roll package. The 30 minutes in the freezer didn’t cause any problems for me, but you definitely do not want to forget about the dough or freeze it longer than a half hour.
- If you use a dark or nonstick pan to bake the Bacon Spinach Blossoms, you may want to lower the temperature to 350 degrees.
- When you remove the Bacon Spinach Blossoms from the oven, let them stand for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before you transfer them to a platter to serve to party guests. This will help the Bacon Spinach Blossoms to stay intact.
Best Dip To Use
Since creating this post in 2014, we’ve been asked which dip tastes best with them. I never thought of adding a dip because the cream cheese makes them amazing on its own.
But if you enjoy dips, try using a sweet marinara sauce. The result will be like a creamy pizza. I think you’ll love it!
Please take a look at all the blogs participating in this Holiday Cocktail Party!
Domestic Superhero – Just Us Four – The Blue Eyed Dove – Sweet Pea – Glued To My Crafts – Patricia Eales Nutrition – Lemons and Laughs – Cupcakes&Crowbars – Sowdering About – Yesterday on Tuesday – Mom Home Guide – My Craftily Ever After – The Love Nerds – One Krieger Chick – Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ – A Dish of Daily Life
Cocktails & Mocktails
Desserts & Sweet Treats
Major Hoff Takes A Wife – This Is The Life I Have Chosen – Crazy for Crust – Sypsie Designs – DIYfaerie – Little Blog on the Homestead – Living Better Together – Laura’s INKlings – Life Made Sweeter – Tried & True – FrugElegance – Play. Party. Pin.
What do you like to serve at holiday cocktail parties? Please comment below and share. We’re always looking for new ideas! You may also want to try these amazing Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Meatballs.
If you liked this holiday appetizer recipe for Bacon Spinach Blossoms, please share it with your friends or pin it for later:
More Appetizer Ideas
You may also enjoy these Appetizer Ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ –
For other holiday entertaining ideas, recipes and tips, follow our Christmas Ideas Board on Pinterest.
Originally published November 2014. Updated November 2018.