Today we’re sharing a simple recipe for Baked Cinnamon Chips made with Wonton wraps. These cinnamon Wonton strips are light, crisp, sweet and easy to make!
These amazing Baked Cinnamon Chips make fantastic party food, lunchbox treat, or even an indulgent midnight snack.
Hey there Kenarry Readers!! Trish here with a recipe made for those who like cinnamon. Which is everyone I know EXCEPT my husband. If you remember my Grilled Pineapple Glaze you already know that I happen to be a fan of cinnamon.
A couple of months ago I decided to create a sweet treat with leftover Wontons. The end result was sweet crispy goodness that both of my boys approved of and one that I immediately fell in love with. What’s not to love about sweet simplicity?
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Baked Cinnamon Chips | Wonton Wraps Recipe
This recipe will make 96 chips.
If that seems like a few too many this recipe can easily be split in half. Of course, after you try your first one you will wish you had made the entire package of Wontons!
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Wonton Wraps
- Ground Cinnamon
Kitchen Tools Needed:
You will find the entire recipe in the printable card at the bottom of this post. But I also included some step-by-step picture to help you out. I know I love pictures when I follow a recipe.
1. Cut the wonton Wraps
The first step is always to preheat the oven. After that’s done, you can cut the wonton wraps.
2. Prepare the baking sheet
After you have your wonton wraps all cut, you’ll need to make sure your baking sheet is ready. Spray some nonstick spray so your chips don’t stick.
3. Make the Cinnamon sugar mixture
In a small bowl, pour the cinnamon and sugar together.
4. Melt some butter
You can melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove. Your choice!
5. Apply butter, cinnamon, and sugar to wonton wraps
Next, brush the melted butter on the wonton wraps. Then, sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
6. Bake the chips
Finally, bake in the oven for about 5 minutes. If the chips are not crispy enough, you can keep them in for another minute or two. But keep an eye on them, they bake very quickly.
That’s it! You will soon have a yummy homemade snack!
How to Store baked cinnamon chips
You can store them in an airtight container and put them on your countertop or in the pantry. They will stay good at room temperature for about a week.
How to Make Baked Cinnamon Chips in the Air Fryer
I made these in the oven, but you can really easily make homemade cinnamon chips in the air fryer too.
To do it, just put them in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Set it to 375 degrees. Bake for 5 minutes then check on them. Take them out when they are at your desired crispiness.
Baked Cinnamon Chips | Wonton Wraps Recipe
Baked Cinnamon Chips Recipe
- Sharp Town
- Cutting Board
- Small Bowls
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- 48 Wonton Wraps
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Begin by cutting the Wonton Wraps in half to create strips.
- Place a single layer of Wonton strips on the baking sheet.
- Pour the cinnamon and sugar into a bowl together, use a fork to mix until well combined then set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe dish. The time may vary; however, I heat my butter on high for 45 seconds.
- Brush the melted butter over each strip then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the Wonton strips.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for five minutes at 375 degrees. (If the strips are not crisp add another minute to your baking time.)
- Remove your Baked Cinnamon Chips from the oven and allow them to rest on the pan for one to two minutes.
- Enjoy them warm or store in an airtight container for later.
Note: If you do split this recipe in half you can use the rest of the Wontons to try out another one of my recipes made from Wontons below!
For more delicious fun food recipes, try one of these favorites from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Donut Cookies: Easy Idea Using Sugar Cookie Dough
- Tiki Punch Recipe for a Tropical Themed Party
- Monster Cookie Bars: A Simple Treat Recipe
Originally published July 2018. Updated April 2020.