For a fun and colourful treat, make this easy Easter Egg Cookie Pizza. It’s a great quick last minute dessert and a fun activity to do with kids.
Hi there! It’s Amanda from Life at Cloverhill here with a simple yet delicious Easter treat – an easy Easter Egg Cookie Pizza. We’ve been busy over at our farmhouse with spring cleaning, prepping our flower beds for another season of fresh blooms and taking care of the sweetest little baby chicks.
It’s hard to believe that it’s already Easter this weekend and I cannot wait to take a nice break to spend time with the family. It’s our daughter’s very first Easter and while she is too young for Easter egg hunts, I still put together a little basket of goodies for her.
My favourite Easter treat has got to be those addictive little candy coated chocolate eggs. You know the ones I’m talking about. I just can’t resist them, which is why it only seemed right that I use them to create a colourful Easter Egg Cookie Pizza to share with some friends. This is a fun recipe to make that only takes a handful of ingredients and is easy enough to get the kids involved too.
what you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen tools needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Refrigerated mini chocolate chip cookie dough
- Cream cheese, softened
- Chocolate candy Easter eggs, chopped
The full instructions can be found in the recipe card below, but here are a few tips to make the recipe easier to make.
Breaking the cookie dough into small pieces makes it a lot easier to spread into the pizza shape.
Have you ever seen a cookie this big? It was almost therapeutic to press out all the dough into a big pizza shape. I didn’t have a 12″ pizza pan so I used my mega pizza pan with a sheet of parchment paper for easy cleanup.
The cookie came out perfectly golden…and it took all my willpower not to give it a bite.
A smooth layer of cream cheese frosting gives it some extra sweetness and makes it easier to keep the chocolate eggs on top.
Easter Egg Cookie Pizza
- 1 package 16.5 oz refrigerated mini chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- chocolate candy Easter eggs chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12″ pizza pan with parchment paper. Break up cookie dough into pieces and press into pan with lightly floured fingers. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In a mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over the cooled cookie.
- Sprinkle cookie with chopped chocolate candy Easter eggs.
- Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut slices.
For more posts like this one, stop by my blog Life at Cloverhill:
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
You make also enjoy these Easter recipes and crafts on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Easter Bunny Bag Puppet: Easy Kids Craft
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe: A Sweet Spring Treat
- 15 Cute and Delicious Easter Desserts
- Easy Bunny Cookies
Originally published April 2017. Updated January 2020.