If you are looking for a mouthwatering BBQ side dish recipe, look no further. There are just four ingredients and three simple steps needed to make this Grilled Pineapple with a Honey, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Glaze.
Hey there Kenarry readers! It’s me, Trish, back again with a simple BBQ recipe in hand. Before we get to those four ingredients and the three simple steps that make up the recipe, I have a couple questions for you. What has your August weather been like? Is it still grilling season at your house?
It is hot here! In fact, the forecast reads 101 degrees for a high here in Central Arizona today. Needless to say, summer lives on. While I am guessing that there are vast differences in some of our forecasts today I would bet that we can all agree that Summer is for grilling.
We typically BBQ a few nights a week at our house, especially this time of the year. It is too warm to heat up the kitchen and even if it wasn’t, I would much rather my vegetables and fruits have that natural smoke flavoring from our wood pellet grill.
Grilled Pineapple Recipe with Honey, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Glaze
Whole Pineapple, cut into spears
1/2 Cup Honey
1 heaping Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1. Grill one side of the pineapple spears over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes. Turn the spears over then grill the other side for an additional four minutes.
2. Prepare the Honey, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Glaze while the pineapple is on the grill. Pour all three ingredients into a microwave safe dish. Heat it in the microwave for 45-60 seconds then whisk the sweet mixture.
3. After removing the pineapple from the BBQ grill, spoon the warm glaze over the grilled pineapple.
4. Serve immediately.
I highly recommend Honey, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Glaze over Grilled Pineapple as a side to any BBQ meal; however, it is just as amazing for dessert. Top the warm pineapple with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, pour a little glaze over the ice cream and enjoy.
Grilled Pineapple with Honey, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Glaze
- Whole pineapple cut into spears
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Grill one side of the pineapple spears over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes. Turn the spears over then grill the other side for an additional four minutes.
- Prepare the honey, brown sugar, cinnamon glaze while the pineapple is on the grill. Pour all three ingredients into a microwave safe dish. Heat it in the microwave for 45-60 seconds then whisk the sweet mixture.
- After removing the pineapple from the BBQ grill, spoon the warm glaze over the grilled pineapple. Serve immediately.
Want more summer side dish ideas?
I’ll be back next month (and with any hope I will have a much different weather report to share).
While you’re here be sure to check out other side dish ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™. You may enjoy:
- Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe
- Sweet and Buttery Cornbread: Unbelievably Delicious Recipe
- Roasted Baby Carrots With Dill: A Simple Side Dish
Trish is a passionate volunteer, tea addict, and football fanatic as well as the creator and dreamer behind her self-titled lifestyle blog, By Trish Sutton. As a believer, a wife, a boy-mom and a big sister, she’s wholeheartedly devoted and loyal to those she loves. She started her blog in 2014 with the hope it would inspire others to do the same. When Trish isn’t writing, crafting and creating for her blog or taking care of her family, you’ll typically find her working as a human resources contractor or spending time with her two sons making messes in the playroom or debating penalties and plays on ESPN.