Resin Flower Bookmarks are a beautiful way to keep your place in whatever you are reading and make a lovely handmade gift for fellow booklovers.
Learn how to create unique and beautiful Resin Flower Bookmarks with just a few supplies and about 15 minutes of work! These colorful bookmarks make a great gift for friends, Mother’s Day, and other holidays. You can use dried, pressed, or even small fresh flowers to create a beautiful treasure for your books.
And once you learn how fun it is to press flowers, you can make pressed flower candles too.
You could just pick up a paper bookmark or use a scrap of paper but why when you can create a beautiful custom bookmark to hold your place and bring a smile to your face every time you see it? Never lose your place again when it’s held by a keepsake that contains baby breath from your wedding, your favorite wildflower, or some other sentimental bloom.
How to Make Resin Flower Bookmarks
Resin seems intimidating to work with but is pretty easy with a few safety and workspace precautions. These pretty Resin Flower Bookmarks will hold up to just about anything and are super easy to customize with your favorite colors, flowers, and so much more. We also made some with words, stickers and glitter for variety.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Craft Tools Needed:
These are the supplies you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
Resin Flower Bookmarks Tips and FAQ:
How long does it take for the epoxy to dry?
Resin is a substance that cures rather than dries and this process generally takes about 24 hours depending on the brand of epoxy you use. When your epoxy is ready it will be hard and unbendable.
What else can I add to my resin bookmark besides flowers?
I am glad you asked! Anything that will fit within the mold and is relatively flat can be added to your bookmark! Stamps, stickers, flower seeds, confetti from a special event, movie tickets, torn bits of your favorite book, glitter, tiny beads, etc… I have also used dried flowers, fresh small flowers or petals, as well as silk fake flowers.
Is resin safe to use?
If used properly in a well-ventilated area it is safe to use. I also highly recommend protecting your hands with gloves and covering the work surface. You could also opt for the uv resin for a quicker drying time and it is considered slightly safer than epoxy.
Resin Flower Bookmark Tips
Use an inexpensive pair of tweezers to place your small items in the epoxy and gently press them down into the mix.
After mixing the two parts, tap the cup gently to help release bubbles.
Once your bookmarks have completely cured give them a very light sanding with extra fine sandpaper to finish them off.
Always wear gloves and cover your work surface.
Resin Flower Bookmarks
- 1 resin bookmark mold
- silcone mixing cup
- disposable spoon or wooden craft stick
- epoxy resin
- epoxy hardener
- dried flowers
- Cover surface in paper or something else that can be thrown away to protect it.
- Put on gloves. Epoxy will wash off eventually but will leave an upleasant residue on your hands.
- Lay mold on a flat surface where it can sit undisturbed for 24 hours.
- Measure and mix the epoxy resin and hardener well according to your package/brand directions.
- If desired stir in a little glitter.
- Allow resin to sit for 5 minutes so that air bubbles can rise and escape. You can help by tapping the mixing cup on the table a few times.
- Pour a very thin layer of resin on the bottom of the bookmark mold.
- Add flowers carefully wherever you would like them. You can use a pair of tweezers to position them if you would like.
- Pour resin over the flowers to the top of the mold.
- Allow resin to cure for 24 hours (or according to the package directions).
- Remove bookmark from mold and tie on tassel.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
You may also enjoy these other fabulous book-themed crafts on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –