Homemade Caramel Apple Cheesecake on a graham cracker crust, filled with sweet, juicy apples and creamy caramel. It’s the perfect finish to any fall meal!
Happy September Kenarry readers! I’m Ashlyn from Belle of the Kitchen and I’m back for another yummy edition of Ideas for the Kitchen, a blog series where Carrie and I swap recipes once a month. Since fall is just around the corner and temperatures will start to dip soon, we thought it would be a great time to celebrate the fruit of the season: apples! Today I’ve brought a deliciously decadent Caramel Apple Cheesecake. It’s the perfect way to finish any meal this fall!
If you’re looking for Carrie, you can find her over on my blog today where she’s sharing her recipe for Caramel Apple Coffee Cake.
THe Perfect Fall Dessert idea
I know that when most of us think of fall, apples are right there at the top of the list. When I was growing up, I remember going on a field trip every year in September to a local apple farm up in the mountains. We did all of the fun, traditional farm activities including a hay ride, petting zoo, and apple taste testing. That was also where I milked a cow for the first time!
That is one of the things I miss most about home, and just the mainland in general! When we move back stateside (we are currently stationed in Hawaii) I want to take our kiddos to all of the fun places that I used to visit as a kid. There’s also a big pumpkin patch (Burt’s Pumpkin Farm in Dawsonville, GA) that I daydream about taking my kids to every fall. It has some of the biggest pumpkins I’ve ever seen, and I enjoy seeing all of my friends’ photos of their little ones there each year. Though I must admit, I am a tad bit envious!
But that’s enough about pumpkins. We will save that for next month. Hint hint…
how to make easy caramel apple cheesecake
As far as apple desserts go, this one is sure to please! It’s full of juicy apples, creamy caramel, and the CRUST! It is so good. And please, y’all, if you make this cheesecake, you HAVE to make the crust that goes with it. See, the crust has a little hint of cinnamon making it the perfect base for this caramel apple cheesecake. Plus, it’s really simple to make. Just make it. I promise you’ll be glad you did.
Kitchen tools needed:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Homemade crust ingredients
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
This is what I used in the crust. This is one of the easiest crust recipes and it turns out perfectly.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake ingredients
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple Pie Filling
- Caramel Topping
- Cinnamon Almonds
Can you make your own caramel?
If you have the time and enjoy baking, then make your own caramel sauce. It’s basically butter, half and half, vanilla extract, and brown sugar and tastes amazing. This recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen tastes better than store bought.
Do you have any favorite apple desserts that you can’t wait to make this fall? Share them with us below! Carrie and I would love to hear your ideas.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cinnamon almonds coarsely chopped (or any nut that you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients for the crust. Mix until crumbly, then press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake in preheated oven for 6-7 minutes until set.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese over medium speed until fluffy. Add in the sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Scoop 3/4 of the apple pie filling from the can and spread in the bottom of the prepared crust. Top with the cheesecake filling, spreading evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until top is set and cheesecake is cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While cheesecake is baking, combine remaining 1/4 can of apple pie filling, caramel topping, and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon in a small sauce pan over low heat. Stir until smooth, then set aside.
- When cheesecake is cool, spread caramel apple mixture over the top and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before slicing. Enjoy!
Looking for more fall dessert ideas? You might also like:
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Looking for even more fall treats? Check out these amazing recipes.
Originally published September 2015. Updated September 2019 and again in April 2020.