These Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect holiday treat. They will make a fun and festive addition to your dessert table!
Hi there everyone! I’m Ashlyn from Belle of the Kitchen and I’m back again for a holiday edition of Ideas For the Kitchen. This month Carrie and I are sharing cookie recipes, just in time for holiday parties and cookie exchanges! I hope you’re feeling festive, because today I’m going to share some Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies with you!
If you’re looking for Carrie, you can find her over on my blog today! She’s sharing her recipe for Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
A couple of years ago, I went to my very first cookie exchange. It was put on by my “coffee group,” which is a traditional term for a group of military spouses who get together to hang out and, well, now that I think about it….drink more WINE than coffee. But that’s another story… 😉
Looking back, I don’t know why I had never been to a cookie exchange before then! Have you ever attended one? Basically it’s where each person attending brings a different batch of cookies to share.
Then, you get to walk around and take one or two from everyone else so that when you leave, you have a whole assortment of yummy Christmas cookies to take home! It was such a fun way to try out some fun holiday treats, and it definitely puts you in the Christmas spirit!
Can you use fresh cranberries?
For these white chocolate cranberry cookies, dried cranberries are best. The fresh ones will taste delicious but might put too much moisture into your cookies, altering the texture.
White chocolate or dark chocolate chips
This option is up to you. I love how the white chocolate chips have a really mild flavor. This lets the cranberries shine! But dark chocolate chips could work just as well.
If you’ve got a cookie exchange coming up, or really just any holiday get-together on your horizon, these Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat. They are so yummy and festive, plus they make me think of one of those extra special Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks. 🙂
So what’s your favorite Christmas cookie? Do you have an old-standby that you make every year? Share your ideas with us! Carrie and I would love to hear them. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 🙂
Looking for a way to use up some of your summer blueberries? Try the Best Soft Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies you could ever imagine!
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hand or stand mixer
- Rounded Tablespoon
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet/ Tray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars over medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small separate bowl, sifting well. Gradually add to creamed mixture over low speed. Carefully stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips (by hand).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for a few minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Here are a few more cookie recipes from Belle of the Kitchen:
While you’re here, you may also enjoy these delicious Christmas recipes from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies Holiday Recipe
- Peppermint Brownie Christmas Trees: Easy Dessert Idea
- Skillet Cookie Recipe: A Simple Sweet Treat
Updated November 2019.