Let’s make a festive Dollar Tree pizza pan door hanger with a few inexpensive supplies. You can make it double-sided for different seasons!
Hi Kenarry readers! I’m Michelle from Our Crafty Mom back with another quick and easy craft project. Like so many of you, I love dollar store upcycle crafts.
There are so many things that you can create for cheap. I believe there are no mistakes in crafting, but if you do mess up, you are only out $1.25. So have fun with it and explore your creativity.
Today we are making a Dollar Tree pizza pan door hanger. You can use any image or design that you want. It doesn’t have to be a seasonal design. Choose something that you can leave up year-round if you want.
How to Make a dollar tree pizza pan craft
While you can buy pizza pans at most any store, you don’t need an expensive one; a dollar store pan works just fine.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
- Pizza Pan
- Calendar Page
- Chalk Paint – I chose white
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Embellishments – ribbon, rope, buttons, flowers of your choice
Pizza Pan Craft Tips:
Clean the pizza pan
Start by wiping down your pizza pan to remove any fingerprints or dust.
Paint the pizza pan
Choose your image
Simply remove the page from your calendar and set it aside. One tip I have is to use both sides of the pizza pan. This will give you a double-sided design that you can use twice as long!
I LOVE red trucks, so I am using a Fourth of July red truck, then the backside will have a Christmas red truck. I’m actually thinking about picking up another one to make a fall and Halloween one!
Brush a layer of mod podge onto pizza pan
Place your calendar page onto the center of the pan and adjust the placement until you are happy with how it looks.
Fold the edges of the calendar in and trim. I prefer ripping the edges rather than cutting them as I like the finish. It looks more natural.
Just continue slowly tearing the edges without removing the text.
Add a topcoat of mod podge
Smooth it out to remove any wrinkles. You can use a credit card or your fingertips.
Add texture and dimension with wood beads or marbles. Nothing is off-limits.
As I plan to use both sides, I am keeping it simple so the pan can lay flat on both sides.
A bit of ribbon around the edges, some dark wax for dimension, and a pretty bow that can be used on both sides.
I hope you will give this easy craft a try. There really are so many things you can make with an inexpensive pizza pan. Happy crafting!
Dollar Tree Pizza Pan Door Hanger
- Wipe down your pizza pan to remove any fingerprints or dust.
- Choose the color of paint you want to use for your pizza pan.
- Use a foam brush to paint the pan. You will need about 2 coats.
- Use another foam brush to paint a layer of mod podge directly onto the pizza pan. Make sure it is a nice even coat.
- Place your calendar page onto the center of the pan and adjust the placement until you are happy with how it looks.
- Fold the edges of the calendar in and trim.
- Add a top coat of mod podge to your pizza pan to protect the image.
- Embellish the pizza pan with whatever you like including rope, ribbons, or secondary paint color.
- If hanging outside, spray with a clear sealer.
- Hang and enjoy!
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this dollar store craft, then you’ll enjoy these craft ideas too.
You may also enjoy these dollar store ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –