Combine ripe bananas with ready to eat zucchini to create a flavorful and moist loaf of Zucchini Banana Bread topped with walnuts.
Hey there Kenarry Readers! Trish here with a loaf recipe that is absolutely perfect for this time of the year. Especially if your fall garden includes zucchini. It may sound a bit unusual but believe me, it tastes amazing.
For good reason, Zucchini Banana Bread never lasts long at my house. In fact, my youngest who is adamant that he does not like zucchini believes it is one of the best things I bake. Even though he knows the recipe’s ingredients he still asks for more. It is THAT good. That said, both my boys and I highly recommend you give this odd combination a try!
How to Make Zucchini Banana Bread
Before you begin making this fresh bread recipe be sure to check out my tips and hacks below!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Loaf Pan
- Small, Medium, and Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Wooden Spoon (or mixing spoon)
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Cheese Grater
- Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- Bread Knife
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Canola Oil
- Bananas (or mashed bananas equivalent to 1 cup)
- Zucchini (will shred with peel)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Allspice
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Walnut pieces
Zucchini Banana Bread Tips & Kitchen Hacks:
- Double It – This recipe can easily be doubled to make two loaves at a time. Adjust the recipe by adding another round of all ingredients except the banana and zucchini; rather add just one additional banana and 1/2 cup of zucchini.
- Use Parchment Paper – Place a sheet of parchment paper in the loaf pan with an inch of paper hanging over the edges of the pan to create a simple way to remove the bread from the pan before slicing it.
- Press Walnuts in the Batter with a Spatula – Use a spatula to lightly press walnuts into the top of the bread batter before baking.
- Add Foil Over the Pan – To avoid the top of the bread from getting too dark place a sheet of foil over the pan for the first 30 minutes of baking then remove the foil for the final 20-30 minutes of baking.
- Ripen Bananas Quicker – If you have bananas that do not seem ripe enough to use in this recipe place the bananas in a paper bag then leave them in the bag over night to brown them.
- Preserve Ripe Bananas – Anytime you have ripe bananas but no time to bake place them in freezer paper or a freezer Ziploc bag and keep them in the freezer until you are ready to use them.
Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe | Simple Fresh Baked Recipe
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2 Ripe Bananas (or mashed bananas equivalent to 1 cup)
- 1 cup Zucchini (will shred with peel)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees and prepare loaf pan with a sheet of parchment paper then set the pan aside. In a small mixing bowl mash ripe bananas with a fork until there are no longer any lumps then set the banana aside. Use a food grater to shred zucchini with peel then set the zucchini aside.
- In a different bowl stir together all of the dry ingredients: flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder and baking soda then pour the dry ingredients into the banana and zucchini mixture. Use a spoon to mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together. Continue to stir until the dry ingredients are no longer evident.
- Next spread the banana zucchini batter into the prepared loaf pan then pour the walnut pieces over the bread batter. Bake your zucchini banana bread for 50 minutes at 350* degrees. If the bread does not pass the toothpick test after 50 minutes return the pan to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
If you enjoyed this Zucchini Banana Bread recipe then you’ll enjoy these homemade fresh baked goods too.
You may also enjoy these fresh-baked ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Easy Homemade Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Apple Coffee Cake Muffins: Easy Recipe Idea
- Rhubarb Muffins: Easy Recipe with Raisins and Ginger
If you enjoyed this zucchini banana bread recipe, please share this with your friends or pin it for later: