This dreamy recipe is perfect for family movie night (and New Year’s Eve “in”)! Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn Snack.
Hey there Kenarry Readers! Trish here with an absolutely delightful addition to movie night. Of course, this dreamy recipe is perfect for any night other night too. Think New Year’s Eve if you are planning on staying in and need a sweet snack to enjoy while you count down to the New Year. This tasty popcorn recipe requires only six ingredients and comes together so quickly you won’t mind having to make a second batch when the first one disappears!
How to Make Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn Snack Recipe
This tasty treat is the perfect combination of caramel and marshmallow!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Large Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- Cooking Spray
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Saucepan
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn Preparation Tips:
- Spray your spatula with cooking spray before you begin to stir the melted mixture into the large bowl of popcorn to ensure that the marshmallow mixture doesn’t stick to the spatula while you are stirring.
- Butter over margarine. It is true that there is a cooking and baking difference when it comes to butter and margarine. I use butter in this recipe as the added water in margarine changes the consistency of the melted caramel marshmallow mixture. To keep just the right texture and level of sticky it is best to stick with using butter in this Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn Snack Recipe.
10 Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn Snack Mix-In Ideas
Here are some additional ingredients you can add to the popcorn to create some fun new combinations. I split this up into two sections. The first one you can just add in right away. The second set needs to be frozen first so they don’t melt.
- Salty Peanuts
If you enjoy EXTRA salty snacks then add a 1 ½ cups of peanuts into the mixture while it is still gooey, warm and in your mixing bowl.
- Sliced Almond Pieces
Almonds make a great addition with a lot less salt! Make sure to mix them in the prepared bowl just like you would the peanuts before spreading the mixture onto the baking sheet to set.
- Candy Sprinkles
In this case, simply wait until you spread the popcorn mixture onto the baking sheet before you sprinkle until your heart’s desire.
- Hot Tamales Seriously! Have you ever mixed Popcorn with Hot Tamales at the movie theatre? It is a must try and you can always skip the butter popcorn and hot tamale phase and start with adding Hot Tamales to this delicious snack.
- Sunflower Seed Kernels
Add a little crunch with less salt by using sunflower seed kernels. Again, just mix them in while the recipe is warm.
For the next five ideas, place the mix-ins in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before sprinkling them over top of your caramel marshmallow popcorn snack.
- Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seed kernels would be a fine added crunch to this mix but I recommend the added crunch covered in chocolate. YUM!
Of course, M&Ms are great but mark off two option mix-ins by upping the game to Peanut M&Ms!
- Chocolate Chips
Add your favorite chilled baking chips to the flavorful base by sprinkling the chips overtop of the popcorn after spreading it onto the baking sheet.
- Butterscotch Chips
An extra sweet addition would be add a cup of butterscotch chips overtop this yummy popcorn snack.
- Vanilla Chips
This recipe is creamy smooth and vanilla chips are an extra creamy and sweet addition to your movie night creation!
Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn Snack Recipe
- 10 cups Popped Popcorn
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons Corn Syrup
- 1 bag Marshmallows (10 ounce bag)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pour popped popcorn into a large mixing bowl then set it aside.
- Add butter to a large sized sauce pan and melt the butter over medium heat.
- After the butter has melted add the brown sugar and corn syrup to the saucepan and continue to heat over medium heat while stirring the mixture until it is well combine.
- Add marshmallows to the pan; then continue to stir all of the ingredients until the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add vanilla, stir until well combined then pour the mixture over the popcorn and gently stir the popcorn snack until the popcorn is covered.
- Pour the Popcorn Snack onto your prepared baking sheet then allow the treat to cool completely.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn Snack then you’ll love these simple movie night recipes too:
You may also enjoy these Popcorn Snack ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –